ARINC on 14.939 LSB

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomhvt

Somebody please give a listen to 14.939 LSB around 1800Z. Several times now in the past week I have heard what sounds like very weak ARINC New York ground station transmissions to aircraft on Lower sideband on that freq. Most likely I am uncovering some internal problem with my NRD-515,, but it hasn't happened before with this reliable receiver. Thanks.

D

DaveNF2G

Reception in the opposite sideband mode is a good sign that you are receiving (or your receiver is generating) an image of the real signal.

N1TUI

Premium Subscriber
I was listening from 1745Z to 1820Z today from Connecticut. Other that those sounder things there was nothing that I could hear or see in the waterfall. WWV on 15000 had fading but was there consistently.

Hope this helps.

Frank

majoco

Stirrer
I doubt if it's an image if the receiver is properly adjusted. The first IF is around 70Mhz. The signal can get through to the second IF if the first mixer is unbalanced but that creates quite a bit of noise in the audio so you'd certainly notice that. Might be worth a tweak - I can send you info if you want it. My 515 works very well too!

Status
Not open for further replies.