ARINC

Status
Not open for further replies.

DickS

Local ARINC "Company Freqs" on 128.67 mc to 132.05 mc seem to have disappeared entirely here in the Seattle/KSEA area. This happened in the last few months. Is it all on my end or something nationwide?

joeuser

The Wretched
Local ARINC "Company Freqs" on 128.67 mc to 132.05 mc seem to have disappeared entirely here in the Seattle/KSEA area. This happened in the last few months. Is it all on my end or something nationwide?
Not nationwide, I got traffic this morning. Quite a few last week. Kansas here...

ATCTech

Are the frequencies in question actually all licensed to ARINC, or are you calling all company ops frequencies ARINC as a generic name? The reason I ask is that it is possible that ARINC-owned services have changed frequencies, perhaps to the 136-137 MHz section of the VHF air band, but it is highly unlikely that every company operations frequency including those not licensed to ARINC all relocated.

Can you change your location for a while and see if hear anything you used to receive? Can you hear ACARS bursts in that same span, 131.550 etc.,or airborne aircraft talking in the same range to help determine if you're being blocked by spurious RF from another source perhaps? You'll have to take it one step at a time... that's what make the hobby so interesting! It might be a mystery now but it will be perfectly logical when discover what's changed.

Bob

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
Yes, be sure and look at the 136 - 137 MHz range as ARINC and airline company channels are licensed in those frequencies as well. But I can tell you the 128.875 to 132.0 ARINC channels are still in use down here in Portland.

- Chris

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
Just FYI, I've been hearing Horizon flights inbound to Seattle calling "Seattle Ops" on 130.7250 MHz all the time…

- Chris

AirScan

I want to see if I can p/u ARINC in San Diego. Anyone know what they are?

You can find the frequencies here, just search the frequency range 129.000-131.975 or 136.00-137.975

License Search - Geographic Search

From what I've seen these "Company" frequencies in this range are either owned by ARINC or Aviation Spectrum Resources Inc. Unfortunately in the case of Aviation Spectrum Resources it doesn't list who actually operates them.

ASRI.aero: Aviation Spectrum Resources, Inc.

Keep in mind a lot of the ARINC frequencies will be for ACARS datalink.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
If the freq is between 128.525 and 132.0, or in the 136-137 Mhz range, the answer is yes. The DB marks this as Airline Ops, I'm sure, because it's more descriptive to a newcomer. S/he wouldn't necessarily understand 'ARINC / SITA frequencies'

Mike

DickS

Thanks. The mystery continues here. I can still hear and decode Seattle ACARS on 131.55 and 131.025. I can also hear and decode the Canadian ACARS on 131.475. Seattle Center on 127.05, 128.5, 134.95 etc. are still Q5 copy. Also I have had no joy searching on 136.0 to 137.975 either.
Thanks to you guys I'll stop thinking that they all went to p-25 or another freq. I might just have a herd of rogue itinerant spurs in the neighborhood.
Bob is right. This is an interesting hobby.

AirScan

DaveNF2G,

Define "a lot." There are fewer than a dozen ACARS channels out of all that spectrum.

I see there is some confusion in the thread with using "ARINC" as a generic term for all company frequencies. I meant the actual ARINC (Aeronautical Radio Incorporated) frequencies specifically and not the whole spectrum.

Although just now browsing the FCC database it looks like most/all ? the ARINC "owned" ACARS frequency licences have been cancelled. Did ARINC outsource their ACARS network to someone else ? (It's been awhile since I've monitored ACARS).

D

DaveNF2G

What he said. There are some who insist that ASRI only operates the HFDL network on shortwave, but a check of the FCC database shows that this is patently false.

Very few "company" frequencies in the 128.8 to 132.0 and 136 to 137.975 ranges are licensed to airlines. Calling them ARINC frequencies is pretty accurate for most purposes.

With respect to terminal operation frequencies on the ground (outside the aircraft band), some are licensed to ARINC and some are licensed to the airlines.

novascotian

Just as a point of interest, here in Canada the airlines operate their own vhf ops frequencies. Yes there are a few ARINC sites but not many and really I cannot recall ever hearing anything on their frequency in this region. Here in Halifax, which is not a large airport by US standards, there are several company frequencies for Air Canada, Jazz, WestJet, FedEx, Air St Pierre, and as well the local agents for the several US airlines that fly into here.

Even the long distance HF stuff is not ARINC.. Gander Radio, which oversees the northwestern part of the Atlantic is operated by NavCanada, the ATC agency of Canada, unlike just south where New York Radio is ARINC.

kcoleman

Just a Suggestion

If your up to doing the research, I find FBOs in my area can at times be of interest. Using AirNav.com, I've researched airports that are within 150-200 miles from my location. I plugged in KOAK in AirNav and going to the bottom of that page, it will list any available FBOs for that airport.

- KAISERAIR - 131.725
- LANDMARK AVIATION - 130.575

I've put together a decent list of FBO frequencies for my area using this method. Also include 122.950 as that seems to be a common frequency used at smaller airports.

Hope that gives some ideas, and good luck,

Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.