Arizona Breaking news?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wlmr

Has anyone ever read one of these messages while the news was still breaking? As little use as this seems to get, and as seldom as I personally have ever read one these while it's still breaking and not a least a day old, I'm wondering what everyone else thinks about this category's existence.

APSN556

Premium Subscriber
sorry I cant resist... shamless plug...

your best bet for breaking news while its unfolding (before it gets to you by the the media) is throwing down less than a 100 bucks a year and subscribing to APSN | Arizona Public Safety News Network | or other similar incident alert groups such as ICP or Ameriscan Information Systems.

wlmr

Shameless plug aside ;) you support my point. I've noticed that some of the states have breaking news and some don't. Arizona's breaking news forum seems to mostly consist of people trying to use it as intended and after a time realizing that no one else is participating in anything approaching a timely manner.

APSN556

Premium Subscriber
Keep in mind that if you listen to scanners even every once in a while, you should consider becoming a dispatcher or reporter for one of the groups I mentioned. One of the benefits to doing it is you get the breaking news alerts for free. Check out all 3, each one offers something a little bit different.

I cant speak for ICP or Amerscan, but I'm sure they have the same policy.

Status
Not open for further replies.