Arizona here I come

Status
Not open for further replies.

AA6IO

Premium Subscriber
I have seen lots of comments about the new Unidens in Arizona. My daughter, son-in-law, and grandchild to be (due in September) live in Phoenix. My wife and I will be coming to Phoenix for several days during Easter. Of course, I am going to bring one of my 536HPs and my 436HP.
Actually, I was hoping Siren would be out by now because am thinking of just leaving a 536HP on in my daughter's place and monitoring Phoenix regularly when come back to Los Angeles. But guess that will have to wait a while.
Anyway, if anybody can recommend the most important systems out there, I will program these in. Perhaps someone has some favorite lists they may like to share. Coming out next Friday. Am going to start looking at database for the Phoenix area. My daughter lives around Biltmore area near Camelback and 24th (East).
Thank you.
Steve AA6IO

Phoenix805

Welcome to Phoenix, I hope you have a nice stay!
Obviously it depends on what you want to listen to as to what you need to program in.
The RWC (administered by the City of Phoenix) is a good place to start.

Regional Wireless Cooperative (RWC) Trunking System, Phoenix, Arizona - Scanner Frequencies

Simulcast A is primarily Phoenix PD and I believe the Biltmore area is in the 700 precinct and use Talkgroups 2993 (700A) and 2977 (700B). 700C is for hot calls in the area but it's encrypted.

Simulcast B is primarily valley-wide fire. Phoenix dispatches for almost all of the valley fire agencies. They use the K deck TGs for medical calls and still use the old VHF channels for fire calls.

I'm sure others will jump in and offer more/better advice.

AA6IO

Premium Subscriber
Phoenix805
Thanks for information. Yes, the RWC I believe is the system some of the Phoenix scanners mentioned had simulcast issues with which the x36HPs seemed to help. Sounds like a good testing ground for my 536HP/436HP.
Regards
Steve AA6IO

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
If you have an RS-800 duck, bring that also. The stock antenna that comes with the 436HP will not work as well for the RWC as that antenna will.

The RWC carries most of what you'll be interested in, but not all. I'd add in DPS, MCSO, Rural Metro Fire and Mesa's TRWC system. Then you'll be able to monitor the whole valley.

-AZ

AA6IO

Premium Subscriber
AZScanner/Phoenix805
Thank you very much. That will keep me busy. Will program those systems in a separate profile for the Phoenix area. Will be sure to bring my RS800 antenna. Looking forward to scanning your area.
Regards
Steve AA6IO

AA6IO

Premium Subscriber
Arrived in Phoenix with my wife and 436HP to visit daughter. Located near Camelback and 24th. Don't have any other scanners with me, but I can tell you that RWC (several sites) sounds great on the 436HP. Other systems also sound good, but I know the RWC was a problem for many in the Phoenix area with other scanners. On the 436HP here it sounds great.with very good P25 quality.
Steve AA6IO in Phoenix visiting from Los Angeles area

Status
Not open for further replies.