Arizona Rangers frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

moparaz

Anyone have the frequency for the Arizona Rangers, I found one but I noticed the lic. was expired. Would anyone have a current list?

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
Anyone have the frequency for the Arizona Rangers, I found one but I noticed the lic. was expired. Would anyone have a current list?

Seeing as how the Rangers are not an actual law enforcement agency any more but are rather a volunteer group that helps out wherever needed, they really don't have or need an official radio system or frequency. If they happen to be assisting actual LEO's at an event or other function, chances are they would be using the same radio frequencies as the agencies they are assisting. Arizona Rangers have no law enforcement powers beyond those granted to any citizen.

You can take a look at their website for more information: Arizona Rangers - Over 100 Years of Proud Service

-AZ

moparaz

I had asked for the frequency, not the history. I'm a ranger myself and was just looking for the frequency.

KB7MIB

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; U; en-US) Gecko/20081217 Vision-Browser/8.1 301x200 LG VN530)

It would not be unusual for a frequency or frequencies to continue to be used long after any license has expired. The person responsible for originally obtaining it may have left, or even passed on, and no one took over the responsibility.

KB7MIB

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; U; en-US) Gecko/20081217 Vision-Browser/8.1 301x200 LG VN530)

*If* that is the case, then someone in the organization needs to step-up and take responsibility to get the Rangers relicensed, before the FCC acts on any unlicensed use of the frequency.

KB7MIB

I'm sure the thousands of dollars in potential fines levied by the FCC could be put to better use :)

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
I had asked for the frequency, not the history. I'm a ranger myself and was just looking for the frequency.

OK, well the answer is that there isn't one other than the expired license you found.

If it were me, I would bring it to the attention of whomever you report to in the organization and see what they say about it.Chances are they no longer use it and opted to let it expire but it never hurts to ask.

-AZ

rodneyj65

Call the Peoria Co. Capt, he can put you in contact with his communications sgt (me) who can shed some light into this matter.

moparaz

I evidently cant private message, I tried calling the capt. but he doesn't seem to return calls. I also have your coins too. ;)

xtruky

AZ Rangers Freq

151.955 brought to you by Scottsdale Co 16 Communications Officer.
It is a very seldom used freq.

I and my Capt have been all over the state commander to get this license renewed. Should be in the works at this time.

moparaz

I would rather private message about this but it seems like they want to restrict me for some reason. Contact Show low company and he will get you to me, i'm the official unofficial comm person now ;)

xtruky

showlow company

I worked with the former commander of ShowLow Co for 15 years at AT&T, Don Solomon.
He sure got screwed over!!! All Don wanted to do was bring the ShowLow company up to todays standards to work along side local PD's and FD's and some of the good ole boys didn't want that. They were happy just directing traffic, or being an armed guard at weddings. Not me, I want to be right in the smoke.

BTW, from your handle, I take it your a MOPAR guy? me too, Had a 2007 SubLime Daytona that I sold last year and now have a 2012 R/T, Road & Track with Super Track Pack. What a difference 5 years make. Do you know about the www.lxforums.com, a great site for Mopar folks. Look in the forums for car clubs, then go to arizona lx club. Join us sometime.

Last edited:

rodneyj65

license status

Did anyone ever find out what is happening with our license?

rodneyj65

I know it is expired.

By your post before you should already know. So did you find anything out?

Last I knew, a ranger in the Tuscon Co. was elected State Communications Officer. I know everything I read still shows Expired. Was hoping this was being taken care of, we are out of the renewal period. Was more interested in wether we are staying VHF analog or what?

WA7JLE

Premium Subscriber
Or call me, the Comm Sgt. of Scottsdale Co 16 (same as xtruky) just using my call sign now.
Someone in Tucson has been assigned the project by Cmdr Eddie.

WA7JLE

Premium Subscriber
Last I knew, a ranger in the Tuscon Co. was elected State Communications Officer. I know everything I read still shows Expired. Was hoping this was being taken care of, we are out of the renewal period. Was more interested in wether we are staying VHF analog or what?

I talked to the state commander at the last meeting that co 16 hosted up at the Harris Bank in Scdl.
Eddie alluded to the fact that they want to go to UHF, either 450 range or to the 800 mhz range.

I have a friend who owns repeaters all over az and he checked out our Freq and said it is business band, not LEO. If it was LEO he offered use of his repeaters free, a write off for him.

Jeff

rodneyj65

Spectrum

I know that we currently use VHF business band, that was the license. With all the money invested in VHF equipment, I was just curious if we would stay VHF. I feared that HQ Co. would switch to 800 or 900 Mhz since Zappia ownes a radio shop, he can outfit them well, but what about the rest of the state companies? Nice that they take our interest and input into consideration.

Status
Not open for further replies.