Arkansas AWIN DB admin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
It's a new template for a new agency. Again, I don't have time to map it out to hex.
You don't need to include the HEX conversions in your submissions, pretty sure the DB does this automatically. The DEC TGIDs & descriptions will suffice. Screenshot excerpt from the database submission guidelines page here
1659216787889.png

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Correct, DEC format is sufficient...preferred, actually. A simple submission to the system in question could've avoided this thread and all of the drama that came along with it. It would've been very easy to ask in the submission for the admin to reach out to you via email if necessary.

jhsands

Feed Provider
Correct, DEC format is sufficient...preferred, actually. A simple submission to the system in question could've avoided this thread and all of the drama that came along with it. It would've been very easy to ask in the submission for the admin to reach out to you via email if necessary.

Or the drama could have been avoided by the DB admin PMg me instead of being smart.

I meant from hex to decimal.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Or the drama could have been avoided by the DB admin PMg me instead of being smart.

I meant from hex to decimal.
And which dbadmin are you referring to, me? I'm giving it to you straight. No admins from Arkansas have replied to this thread, so I don't see any evidence of an admin being "smart". You seem awfully defensive, however.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Post them in the AWIN thread then. Whatever info you have. Forums > Arkansas > AWIN thread. I think it’s pinned at the top.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Just odd to want to go against the process in place. Raises flags or whatever. But I’m sure an admin will weed it out if it’s not verifiable info so it’s whatever.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Many of us did our "war driving" and time spending and money on gas etc to confirm things... Its how I became an admin actually back in the day. Ruffling feathers is how I am not one now, but thats another story. I still do research and confirm when I can and submit. That is how its done. PM's and emails work good, and sometimes posting on the forums, if your DBA reads them. A few do. For a long time only a few of us did, but only a few. Now the newer crop seems to be trying to get r done, but only time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.