Arkansas Forestry Still On VHF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

btritch

Forestry Has Been Busy In Our Area Of The State Lately... Wondered If They Were AWIN Or Still On VHF. If It's VHF Anyone Know What District Greene County Falls Under?
Heard They Were AWIN... Wanted To Find Out If Anyone Knew For Sure.. I Have Not A Clue.. I Don't Hear Any AWIN Traffic Besides ASP C.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
AFC uses both VHF and AWIN. Officers contact dispatch on AWIN and notify of activity etc.,.. Fire ops etc are still primarily VHF until the cash gods hand out more radios lol. They notified today on AWIN they were going to work a big one in Union Co. And then later heard three officers discussing meeting at the Hot Springs Hanger to do something.

btritch

oh ok.. Well I Woudn't know.. I can't hear anything on AWIN but ASP Troop C. For some reason the Hopewell Tower Closest to me doesn't carry anything else whatsoever, No statewide comms, no craighead county comms, nothing at all but ASP. I think I've heard Phillips Co SO, Pulaski ASP South Tower, And Jefferson Co SO One Time This Year...That's It.. I have no idea why it doesn't carry statewide but it doesn't for some reason... Weird.. I NEVER hear any statewide comms over hopewell...Hardly hear them over Lake City. I was in Russellville/Pope County area two weeks ago and I heard MORE over their awin tower than I have any of them so far. For Some Reason The Eastern Arkansas Towers Don't Pick Up As Much AWIN Traffic As The Rest...Why I Don't Know..But That's What I Wanted To Know....Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.