Arkansas Police Scanner help for a newbie! Please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wbswetnam

Most VI is pretty easy to re-invert to be monitorable. I know of at least two ways to do it, and I have (successfully) done both of them. The local agencies that 03msc refers to are quite easy to overcome.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Monitoring public safety is not illegal in Arkansas.

Correct, unless you are doing it when committing criminal activity as these guys were doing...drugs and guns and such. Even had a picture of the 125AT along with the other items. They were charged with possession of a communication device in conjunction with criminal activity.

Attachments

• Drug-bust-1.jpg
    Drug-bust-1.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 19

Mike445

It really wouldn't. No scanner can unscramble VI and his description points to VI.

My Alinco DJ-X3 can decode voice inversion. It has a built in descrambler. I haven't used it in over 10 years but I still have it.
Mike

wtp

easy test...does it sound like a drunk donald duck...?
or even like hearing CB sideband on a regular radio....?
then it is voice inversion (V.I.)

zenomorf

Monitoring public safety is not illegal in Arkansas. Monitoring VI is not illegal. Descrambling has not been tested in court and I can't afford legal team to try it no matter what Up man says as this has not met a legal battle in actual court or Congressional forum. The OP is scared to even mention where he is monitoring like it's Korea and Imma fly over in black helo and cap his booty. Can we get back on track here.
who is going to know if you descramble a signal?

Status
Not open for further replies.