Arlington/Alexandria Police Going Encrypted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cm205

Recently I have started to notice that some Arlington County Police units on the main dispatch channel have been individually encrypted, and now I am hearing a large number of Alexandria Police units - maybe half of all traffic at some times - are encrypted on their system's main dispatch. Does anyone know if these agencies are planning to go full time encrypted in the near future?

Septa3371CSX1

Recently I have started to notice that some Arlington County Police units on the main dispatch channel have been individually encrypted, and now I am hearing a large number of Alexandria Police units - maybe half of all traffic at some times - are encrypted on their system's main dispatch. Does anyone know if these agencies are planning to go full time encrypted in the near future?

My guess is the officers had been using an encrypted talkgroup and when they switched back they simply forgot to move the selector switch back to the off position for the encryption. This is usually the case if you're hearing some users with encryption and others without.

Status
Not open for further replies.