Arlington Code References

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrewccm

Premium Subscriber
This may be a stupid question as I am relatively new to scanning... Now that the preface is out of the way.. LOL

I often hear the Arlington PD dispatchers calling out information with references to what I think are locations (e.g., "We have a burglary in progress with a .... in the 440's...standby for details...etc..")

It's the "In the 440's, 320's, etc..." that I am not understanding... Could this be sections of town?

Any help would greatly be appreciated..

TXEMT

I use to live up there and from what I remember, from what you are describing that it is more than likley the district, I think on north partol are the 200 series and 3 and 400 ones are on the east and west patrol sides..can't remember which is which, off hand. but if they are saying they have a burglery, fight etc...in 440's or whatever they are letting the officers know what area of the patrol section it is in and most of time whoever is close will pick up the call. When I use to dispatch we would do this when we have alot of calls backed up name like 3 or 4 calls back to back say what district each call is coming from and let officers start grabbing them.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
You can see a full patrol map at: http://www.ci.arlington.tx.us/gis/interactiveMapping.html

Select the ArcIMS Multiservice Viewer.

To the bottom right of the map, click on the icon for "Add Services" (looks like a stack of paper with a "+" on top).

In the pick list below the map, select "Police (PNG8)" and click "Add".

Now, the map will be overlaid with the PD district map, and the numbers you see will correspond to the numbers you hear in the calls.

You can find other area maps at: www.dfwmaps.com
Check out the drop-down list on the right top corner of the page (that is where I found the Arlington link...there are similar links for other cities in the area.

Last edited:

andrewccm

Premium Subscriber
Thank you everyone. I sincerely appreciate it!

That Select the ArcIMS Multiservice Viewer is too cool.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.