Arlington fire 154.13 decommissioned

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtab55

No big surprise on my part, anyone who "needed" to listen to it is on a 800 system... other then us of course :)

But then again, it may be because they made the swith to the new system and noone ever bothered to check if there was a simplex radio hooked in...but who knows.

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
It was a patch from 1A to the 154.13 base station, presumably for those who did not have trunked receivers and maybe even station monitors.

Now it would be even more useful to those who do not have digital trunked receivers, although your point is well taken. I'm just wondering if somebody forgot to put up the patch on the new dispatch talkgroup or whether it's gone forever.

As a scanner buff, it's nice to have the option to listen to dispatches with a cheap receiver. As a communications professional I have to wonder how long they could justify tying up that frequency.

I monitored it for several days earlier this week and some distant stuff broke the squelch a couple times in the evening, probably New Jersey fire departments. It used to be utter chaos back in the day when Richmond fire and whoever else was on 154.13 would come booming in on a band opening.

resqpig

Yeah...I recall back in the day...I was living in Newport News then and NN Fire was the one also using 154.130. I remember the cross traffic with Richmond very well.

Kenny

Status
Not open for further replies.