• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

ARMADA PROGRAMMING SOFTWARE FOR VIKING RADIOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohio64thffemt

I have a VM5930 BF with a remote Head. I need to know where to get the program software at. They forgot to turn the Remote head on. It's a huge hassle to uninstall and take it back to the shop. Can anyone assist me?
My understanding it's the Armand software

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
I’d suggest just calling the shop that programmed it. If you have to uninstall to take them the radio…why not just drive the vehicle to them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ohio64thffemt

I’d suggest just calling the shop that programmed it. If you have to uninstall to take them the radio…why not just drive the vehicle to them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shop was called the programmer isn't returning calls and his mailbox is full. Already took it out and went there once. It's an Hour and a half drive. The vehicle is currently being up fitted and will be for a few weeks. If they didn't check a box to make the remote head work I am sure there will be more problems. I want to be able to address those without spending more time and Money. I have experience with Motorola APX and XTL program software. I am sure I can figure this out.

Last edited:

N2PDQ

Feed Provider
I have had some similar issues with the remote kit for the VM series mobiles.

There is no option in the programming software to "Turn on" the remote. When you attach the remote kit, it should power on as normal.

With that being said, the issue I had, was the firmware in the radio, was different than in the remote kit. Yes there is firmware in the remote head control unit.

Are you getting a blank screen? Or are you getting the Viking logo, and just sit there?

Are you sure the radio shop that ordered the remote kit, ordered the one from EFJohnson, and not kenwood?
They look very similar, and actual exchange a few part numbers, but the plastic shell that goes onto the head, is different. It should have a USB cable attached to it.

Hope that helps.

ohiohonda

I agree with the above statement. If you have the Viking logo stuck on the display the firmware will need updated or downgrade on the radio. If the radio is not turning on at all, was the ingintion sense enabled?

ohio64thffemt

I have had some similar issues with the remote kit for the VM series mobiles.

There is no option in the programming software to "Turn on" the remote. When you attach the remote kit, it should power on as normal.

With that being said, the issue I had, was the firmware in the radio, was different than in the remote kit. Yes there is firmware in the remote head control unit.

Are you getting a blank screen? Or are you getting the Viking logo, and just sit there?

Are you sure the radio shop that ordered the remote kit, ordered the one from EFJohnson, and not kenwood?
They look very similar, and actual exchange a few part numbers, but the plastic shell that goes onto the head, is different. It should have a USB cable attached to it.

Hope that helps.
This is from my upfitter after I sent him what you said.

That is interesting. We have a blank screen, and there is no USB cable. It's a multi pin plug , I will be at the shop tomorrow I will check the base to see if it has a place for a USB

I can see if I can get some pics from him. This radio was gotten on a Grant from a county EMA agency then ordered and programmed by the State.

We are getting little to no feedback now that we are having issues. That's why I reached out. Thank you

ohio64thffemt

I agree with the above statement. If you have the Viking logo stuck on the display the firmware will need updated or downgrade on the radio. If the radio is not turning on at all, was the ingintion sense enabled?
I don't know. No way to check with program and getting in I'm sure. We are having issues with getting the State who bought and programmed it to talk to us about anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.