Armed robery of citizen w/ gun "Restricted Air" overload question

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmi

Premium Subscriber
Montgomery County TRS:

12-14-2009: approx 2230 hrs [now terminating restricted air at 2328]
I'm listening to MCPD District 4 (Wheaton) and they've had restricted air for the last hour for armed robbery of a citizen (who is now in the hospital).

They've taken 3 into custody I believe 1 who's at 4D station and are still searching for one armed w/ gun. Area of search is around Arcola and Lamberton down to University Blvd and Kemp Mill searching the backyards... .

What happens to calls in the queue and incoming calls when the TG is being occupied by restricted chatter.. Does dispatch fallback onto the districts respective OPS TG cause I don't really hear anything on B4 OPS

?

jay

Last edited:

GROCKSHD

Premium Subscriber
What happens where I work is if our primary channel is on a "Hold traffic" all other units who are not on the call switches channels to an alternate, whether it be an alternate channel for there precinct or an alternate channel setup on another precincts primary channel. (i.e- I work in central, dispatch calls a hold traffic in central, I switch my radio traffic to south districts primary to recieve calls fo service.)

Status
Not open for further replies.