Armed Subject Attempted to Breach FBI Office, Now Firing Shots in Clinton County

Status
Not open for further replies.

fredva

Feed Provider
Media and incident reporting service describing a confrontation at the FBI Cincinnati field office, followed by a pursuit and crash on I-71, with a suspect firing a rifle. SWAT responding.

jsoergel

The OSHP helicopter (N72HP) said the Caravan (N717HP) is going to refuel at Wilmington. They’re up with KILN Tower 119.475. Helicopter will refuel once the Caravan returns on station.

CAREFLIGHT 1 (N164CF) is also staged at KILN if they need it.

Last edited:

amcferrin90

Premium Subscriber
He's in custody one way or another, dead or alive. A lot of comms on post 83 dispatch and maybe patched. My source couldn't tell and I didn't have access to my decoder.

redbeard

OH, PA, WV Regional Admin
Database Admin
Someone in my county must have switched over to the channel to hear whats going on...I'm on the other side of the state from where it's happening. Sounds like an FBI sniper shot him and possibly a female with a knife so this is about to wrap up I guess.

amcferrin90

Premium Subscriber
Someone in my county must have switched over to the channel to hear whats going on...I'm on the other side of the state from where it's happening. Sounds like an FBI sniper shot him and possibly a female with a knife so this is about to wrap up I guess.
When these types of things happen you'll have admins or curious people tune in that have the ability. The last chase I could hear on I-75 was broadcast in Columbus because they had those groups tuned in at dispatch. It could cause a strain on the system doing that. My source was on his way home listening on his portable. I don't mind as I'm curious too.

redbeard

OH, PA, WV Regional Admin
Database Admin
When these types of things happen you'll have admins or curious people tune in that have the ability. The last chase I could hear on I-75 was broadcast in Columbus because they had those groups tuned in at dispatch. It could cause a strain on the system doing that. My source was on his way home listening on his portable. I don't mind as I'm curious too.
I'd like to see todays stats on how many calls were denied due to busies because of all the people listening to the incident. I bet it's a not-zero number.

Kd8lzl

I'm in sandusky county. Like mentioned earlier someone in my area must have been listening to the interop channel. I heard someone describing the scene at around 1:00pm. It didn't last long though. Definitely the wildest thing I've heard on the scanner in a long time.

sopranosno1

Plane to plane or chopper to chopper was on 123.025. Caught interop on miami, shelby towers. Fbi radio id's were 9400220 9400221 9400222 from plane or chopper.

rcid1971

Premium Subscriber
The OSHP helicopter (N72HP) said the Caravan (N717HP) is going to refuel at Wilmington. They’re up with KILN Tower 119.475. Helicopter will refuel once the Caravan returns on station.

CAREFLIGHT 1 (N164CF) is also staged at KILN if they need it.

Catch the FBI tail number?
"FBI Air 500" 9400222

rcid1971

Premium Subscriber
I don’t think they had anything airborne - probably were riding in the OSHP aircraft or helicopter from what I was hearing. Or perhaps they had a drone working.

They did.
Call sign was “FBI Air”
Radio ID was 9400222
Wondering if anyone caught the tail number?
I was too late to ADS-B.

They were a lot less polished and professional compared to the OSHP aviation pilots that do this kind of stuff every day and were familiar with the airspace and the event site

Going to FOIA all the surrounding radar data, just curious if anyone caught the registration?

jsoergel

They did.
Call sign was “FBI Air”
Radio ID was 9400222
Wondering if anyone caught the tail number?
I was too late to ADS-B.

They were a lot less polished and professional compared to the OSHP aviation pilots that do this kind of stuff every day and were familiar with the airspace and the event site

Going to FOIA all the surrounding radar data, just curious if anyone caught the registration?

Didn’t see anything on ADS-B and no Mode-C tracks, either. With two aircraft already in the stack, my money is still on a drone. If it was an FBI aircraft, they’d typically be using KONA or JENA.

rcid1971

Premium Subscriber
The helicopter was N72HP a AS-350
The plane was N717HP a C208

Both are registered to the Ohio Department of Public Safety.

There was a third aircraft.
They coordinated with N717HP & N72HP on MARCS & 123.025, they made calls to Cincinnati and Columbus approach re: TFR after media drone activity. On MARCS they used the call sign “FBI AIR”

jsoergel

There was a third aircraft.
They coordinated with N717HP & N72HP on MARCS & 123.025, they made calls to Cincinnati and Columbus approach re: TFR after media drone activity. On MARCS they used the call sign “FBI AIR”
Did you hear the third aircraft on 123.025 or with TRACON? I was monitoring those and only heard the OSHP aircraft.

rcid1971

Premium Subscriber
Did you hear the third aircraft on 123.025 or with TRACON? I was monitoring those and only heard the OSHP aircraft.

MARCS P83, Calls 08/11/2022 11:45:04

“Local State Police (sic) Air from
FBI Air”

“OSHP Chopper to FBI Plane, we have a helicopter and a Caravan…we are monitoring 123.02 to coordinate.”

sopranosno1

Didn’t see anything on ADS-B and no Mode-C tracks, either. With two aircraft already in the stack, my money is still on a drone. If it was an FBI aircraft, they’d typically be using KONA or JENA.
Just because you didn't hear them doesn't mean they wasn't up in the air. I saw three different radio id's on marcs when the fbi was talking. 9400220 9400221 9400222. I copied some of what the others were saying and thee fbi did have at least one chopper or aircraft in the air. Can you not accept the fact the others are right and you are wrong!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.