ARMER Prison Sites

Status
Not open for further replies.

local487

I've noticed the prison sites (frequencies) are published in the Database for ARMER. Living in a city with a prison, I'm curious if there is any advantage to add any of those frequencies to my scan list. I realize the prisons don't have any official talkgroups yet but will that system carry the other local traffic, for example; the county law enforcement or fire?
I've talked with a prison employee who had the ARMER radio training last week and it sounds like they only have a couple of talkgroups - one may be local for the maintenance personnel and another one monitored by a 'master' dispatch center in a central prison in Northern Minnesota.

K

kb0nly

ARMER will have everything on it eventually, all your local traffic such as Law and Fire will be on there soon if not so already.

stmills

The Prison sites are local sites for the Prison operations. The fleet maps call for 8 local talkgroups per location and then 11 statewide talkgroups. The local radios will be home systemed to the prison sites only. I would expect that other traffic roaming onto these systems would be very minimal. I have monitored the control channel to Lino Lakes for about an hour in the middle of the day, and had no traffic coming across the system other than the data feed.

SCPD

QRT
There coverage will just be limited to the campus. I would imagine if there should be some huge riot or incident the responding agencies might be able to use it on a L-TAC or P-TAC. Looking at the pdf the sites will be connected to the backbone.

Status
Not open for further replies.