ARMER - radios approved

Status
Not open for further replies.

n0vqa

Newbie
Joined
Oct 8, 2011
Messages
2
The New Ulm City Council approved the purchase of the new ARMER radio system for select Brown County emergency services at its Tuesday meeting.

Because the City of New Ulm is acting as the fiscal agent for FEMA's grants, all ARMER purchases were made through the New Ulm Fire Department. These departments include all Brown County's fire departments and ambulance services in Sleepy Eye and Springfield.

FEMA will cover 90 percent of the $503,800 cost for the ARMER radios. The remaining 10 percent is covered by participating cities. New Ulm Fire Department's portion of the cost is $11,870.

The switch to the new radio system is part of a federal mandate that requires all emergency services to communicate on the same system by Jan. 28, 2012.

http://www.nujournal.com/page/content.detail/id/526646/Purchase-of-ARMER--radios-approved.html?nav=5009
 
Last edited by a moderator:

monitor142

Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2002
Messages
218
Location
California
what...you didn't see the part in the narrowbanding requirements that all users are to move to 700/800 P25 wide area trunking systems from their simple VHF/UHF repeater systems???? ; )

You gotta love the misinformed folks that spew this garbage.

-M142
 

box23

Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2007
Messages
472
Location
State of Superior
The switch to the new radio system is part of a federal mandate that requires all emergency services to communicate on the same system by Jan. 28, 2012.
Not only did they have the usual misinformation about non-existing mandates and such, but exactly where did they find that date?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top