armored car companies

Status
Not open for further replies.

RohnsRadio

Premium Subscriber
just wondering , what frequencies do the "armored car" companies use?
i'm sure they dont say much on the radio, and what do say is either in code or even scrambled. but just wondering.

lol .... no i am not planning the "big job"

kma371

QRT
Whatever they are licensed to use. There is no one specific frequency.

ecps92

I would say search the RR DB, RR FCC DB and the FCC DB using the specific company name, and/or parent company name.

just wondering , what frequencies do the "armored car" companies use?
i'm sure they dont say much on the radio, and what do say is either in code or even scrambled. but just wondering.

lol .... no i am not planning the "big job"

D

DaveNF2G

I have never seen an armored car with an antenna on it.

RohnsRadio

Premium Subscriber
yeah i figured they would use nextel or something like that.
and yes i used to see brinks trucks with high band "stingers" (i.e. 18 " wips) but have not see that in a while.

just a passing thought today. saw an armored car this morning on way to work.

SCPD

QRT
Bread route

GPS locators have made the two way radios not needed.
Used to be the driver would call in "Leaving this bank, enroute to that credit union".
Now the trucks have a GPS xmitter of some sort, someone back at the home office is watching their progress, and making sure the drivers don't swing by the house and drop something off. And a alarm that is transmitted if some fool does decide to try something. But my understanding is, that's about it.

It's really a routine job anyway, no different than any other delivery job. Get your route in the morning, same 'ol stops every day, end up back at the barn, go home,

Last edited:

grogan

I was thinking GPS on the trucks also, Most of the co. I have worked for in my trade also use GPS its good for insurance and keeps the employe honest on travel time. also you can call in for directions when your personal gps takes you miles from the job!!~

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I have never seen an armored car with an antenna on it.

Brinks armored uses quarter wave uhf antennas on trucks for a 1 way intercom system. The courier has a portable which transmits his audio and background audio as soon as he steps out of the truck, and the driver will monitor him.

467.8125 / 203.5pl

n9zas

Status
Not open for further replies.