ARRL and clubs for CBers

Status
Not open for further replies.

k6cpo

Quick question- does any body know if ARRL have any clubs for CBers?

I know about amateur radios and ham radios but I don't see hardly anything on citizen band radios.

That would be great to know.

- bdelraso@aol.com

Given the general loathing for CB among a lot of hams, I don't think it's likely ARRL will ever open that can of worms.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
There is already enough loathing for the ARRL by the amateur radio community!
Very true. Not all hams suck up to the Arrl gods or have any use for them. :wink: 73, n9zas

KE0GXN

I have not had the "bad ARRL vibe" yet...only been a member for as long as I have been a ham which is going on 6 months now.

Other than the membership dues being a bit pricey, (but then again tell me something about this hobby that is not pricey), I haven't experienced any negatives with the league as of yet.

Weaksignal

Scott,

You can't be "loathing" for the ARRL that much... I see you participate with ARRL's Logbook of the World and use an arrl.net email account.

k6cpo

Very true. Not all hams suck up to the Arrl gods or have any use for them. :wink: 73, n9zas

I think you'll find that the number of hams that "loathe" the ARRL is a very, very small percentage of the number of licensed operators. While a lot of hams are not members of the ARRL, not all of those have issues with the league. They just choose to not be members.

N0IU

Scott,

You can't be "loathing" for the ARRL that much... I see you participate with ARRL's Logbook of the World and use an arrl.net email account.

I did not say I was one of them! No, I don't agree with everything they do, but even at their current cost of membership, its still a bargain (to me anyway).

And I am very appreciative of LoTW. I have quite a bit of "eye candy" on my wall, both DXCC and WAS, courtesy of the LoTW program.

Weaksignal

I did not say I was one of them! No, I don't agree with everything they do, but even at their current cost of membership, its still a bargain (to me anyway).

And I am very appreciative of LoTW. I have quite a bit of "eye candy" on my wall, both DXCC and WAS, courtesy of the LoTW program.[/QUOTE

Very good Scott... My apologies. I too feel that the ARRL has a lot to offer.

KE0GXN

I too feel that the ARRL has a lot to offer.

Me too, the QST subscription, coupled with the e-mailings are very informative. Glad I signed up, not looking forward to the dues increase when I renew, but at the end of the day I feel its money well spent. :)

As far as the OP's original question, I doubt the League will ever offer anything for CBers, as many have said, it a league geared towards the Amateur Radio Service only.

Can't say I ever was a CBer, other than pressing the PTT a few times during the course of my life when I had the opportunity. I even owned one for a short time. I only listen/monitor at this point. Besides the "colorful" conversations that take place on it, I don't see much becoming of it, especially with technology and what not. Most of the truckers I hear nowadays are old school guys, I hear from them that the younger drivers don't even turn it on if they even have one installed.

It does come in handy for knowing what's ahead when traveling now and then though. I may get a CB installed in my vehicle someday in the future for that purpose alone, but other then that I probably would have no need for it.

Last edited:

N2ICV

Premium Subscriber
I'm a life member, I don't always agree on what they do or say but it's the only organization we have that fights for us in Washington DC. I don't think the ARRL should have anything to do with CB.

Attachments

• life_mem_decal_lrg.jpg
    life_mem_decal_lrg.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 124
Status
Not open for further replies.