ARRL Centennial QSO Party

Status
Not open for further replies.

kc5fm

Premium Subscriber
"The ARRL Centennial QSO Party is a year-long operating event that celebrates hams making contacts. In the end you will have accumulated points, worked new stations and made new friends all over the world.

The Centennial QSO Party is made-up of two main activities: (1) W1AW operating portable in each state and most territories; and (2) The Centennial Points Challenge which is the accumulation of points from qualifying contacts made throughout 2014. To have a score listed online in the Points Challenge competition, logs must be submitted through the Logbook of the World (LoTW) system.

W1AW will be on the air from every state and most territories, and it will be easy to work WAS working only W1AW portable operations. This is the first ARRL-sponsored operating event where every member is worth at least one point, so work as many points as you can during 2014! Earn awards based upon points, working all states or working W1AW portable in every state and territory. This is an on-the-air event like no other." Centennial QSO Party

BamaScan

Premium Subscriber
Is there a list of when the states will be on ?
I have worked the following. All on 20 Meter USB Voice

1) W100AW
2) W1AW/4 -- State of North Carolina
3) N5ZGT -- Rocky Mtn Division Director in New Mexico
4) N2YBB - Hudson Division Director in New York

A few of them were getting jammed and tuned on top of.

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
I put zero effort into this for most of the year. Early November I had around 500 points. As of yesterday I had over 10,000. That took a lot of radio time on weekends to make up the difference.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Assuming I get confirmation of one of my contacts with W1AW/3 PA, I'll have W1AW/p WAS. A couple of proud moments from my W1AW/p chase: 1. Contacting W1AW/KL7 on 15m phone using a low-mounted dipole (the only antenna I had at the time) and 100 watts back in the summer. 2. Contacting W1AW/KH6 on 80m and 40m phone using a 27-foot vertical (which I put up just this fall) and 100 watts.

My Centennial Point Challenge total is sitting at around 15,400. I need to go back through my logs to verify that everything got uploaded correctly. We have until January 15th to upload our logs for the Challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.