ARRL Classes

Status
Not open for further replies.

N0IU

I have not taken any of their courses, but since you are already a member of the Delaware County ARES group (or hope to be one day), you may want to get ahold of Joe Ames, W3JY who is the Training & Safety coordinator for the group (according to the website) and see what he suggests.

D

DaveNF2G

If you want to do something where the EC-001 class is a prerequisite, then it might be worth the money to you. Otherwise, no.

w6bzz

Premium Subscriber
I'm taking EC-001 right now. It's well paced; convenient to do at your own time & place; and has mentors who are knowledgeable and engaged. Material is relevant. MOODLE online class management tool is a navigational challenge, at best.
I've taken a range of local ARES training here in Santa Clara Valley. I find the local classes to be good quality and focused on local practice. ARRL's EC-001 has a broader perspective and is exposing me to tools and process we do not use locally, yet. So, yes I find EC-001 to be worthwhile and worth the time I'm putting forth.

CommJunkie

I'm taking EC-001 right now. It's well paced; convenient to do at your own time & place; and has mentors who are knowledgeable and engaged. Material is relevant. MOODLE online class management tool is a navigational challenge, at best.
I've taken a range of local ARES training here in Santa Clara Valley. I find the local classes to be good quality and focused on local practice. ARRL's EC-001 has a broader perspective and is exposing me to tools and process we do not use locally, yet. So, yes I find EC-001 to be worthwhile and worth the time I'm putting forth.

THIS is the kind of answer I was looking for. Thank you for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.