ARRL DX Contest - Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

k9rzz

20 and 15 meters are open to Europe right now. 10 meter is not open currently, but it might be by you. Listen to 40, 80, and 160 meters tonight. It's going to be pandemonium until Sunday night ... get some DX!

k9rzz

Anybody working anything? I just did some listening and had ON4UN (famous antenna guru/author) going in the car for a while while I was running errands. He had a HUGE pileup on 20 meters. Heard nothing on 10 although 15m was pretty good to EU, SA, and Pacific. Last night EU was quite loud on 75m. Didn't hear anything out of Africa or Japan, but then I really didn't try that hard. LOL

SCPD

QRT
I manage to contact Hawaii, Mexico x 2, Japan and Costa Rica on 100w. :)

Not bad since it's my first contest (of any type!)

BTW, as of a few weeks ago, I have a Hustler 6BTV @ 20ft elevation so I'm getting so much more DX than ever before with wire antennas.

My noise floor has been cut in half as well.

PS. I heard the infamous 9A1A club station from Croatia. Check out QRZ.com - these guys have a crazy antenna set up! They were coming in S9+10db into WA state! I couldn't work them though. :(

elk2370bruce

Made about 60 contacts in 27 countries just plinking around. Added two to my DXCC pursuit. Best were a 4X4 and a UA4/3 that were in the clear and 5-9+.

Status
Not open for further replies.