ARRL Field Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

VA3QRM

VE3OW. Operating 5 Alpha Ontario. A chance to have some fun and play radio. Contact your local ham radio club for details.

Attachments

• fd15.jpg
    fd15.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 297

SCPD

QRT
Gas powered operations

Yes. Sometimes turns in a burger eating contest.

We have a midnight chili tradition in our club during Field Day.
And in past years, there's a fair amount of "rooster calls" just about daybreak.

Good luck to Border City and Sun Parlour.

KC0KM

Field Day is a non-contest contest that is an emergency operations drill, that is run like a contest, but is not a contest because no awards are given out. Our club in the past has treated it like a contest, because of the guy who headed it up is a contester, and was out to win. As a result we often where in the top 10 (closer to top 5) of all 2A nation wide. He has bowed out now due to health problems, and we have gotten away from the "contesting" part. This year due to other problems at our site we will operate as K0GQ, 1A MO. While we may not be the power house we used to be, I hope it will still be fun. "See" you on the air, 73 and QRZ.

VA3QRM

ground wave

We have a midnight chili tradition in our club during Field Day.
And in past years, there's a fair amount of "rooster calls" just about daybreak.

Good luck to Border City and Sun Parlour.

Thanks. Will look for you on the short hop. Keep the Tums handy.

AC2OY

My club Nutley Amateur Radio Society W2GLQ will be rocking at least 3 or 4A at Demuro Park in beautiful downtown Nutley New Jersey! Anybody local stop by and I see to making you a hamburger or two! Chili does sound good!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.