ARRL Requests Support for Senate Bill 1755

Status
Not open for further replies.

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I'm neither for nor against the bill but IMO the League's desperate support of EMCOM is like a drowning man grasping at straws. Once upon a time they were the main support of Amateur Radio as liaison to the FCC but the politics of both have spoiled it all and membership (funds) has fallen to an all time low. No longer a liaison to any government body, relying on individual petitioning the House and Senate is a desperation move to say the very least, the ARRL is breathing it's last.

D

DaveNF2G

The only thing this bill will "enhance" is the revenue stream of whoever gets picked to do the research. I'm betting ARRL has an angle on getting that job.

Beyond that, there is nothing here that will do anything for ham radio as a hobby.

elk2370bruce

I totally agree with the opinion that ARRL badly wants the lucrative contract to conduct the "study" with all of the obvious "research bias" that would result. They may have even initiated the process through congress members who are in their pocket. It won't help our radio avocation but may influence the inclusion of amateur radio equipment in futue years through UASI and FEMA grant programs to county and local emergency operating centers.

Last edited:

elk2370bruce

Oh yeah! Goonie Box II with cat's eye. The first amateur radio I ever operated bach in the local civil defense office. We used a light bulb soldered to a chunk of cable and PL259 to load the derned thing up.

But I date myself!

Status
Not open for further replies.