Artcc help

Status
Not open for further replies.

tusker305

Folks, I am comming close to the end of my rope. I have been searching for an "ACURATE" freq list for Cleveland, Boston, and New York ARTCCs for a week now. I am sure these lists and sector maps are published and updated regularly. The RR Database has not been updated in a very long time. I've been over the FAA web site until my eyes bleed. And have searched enough of "Bob's ATC Sites" to make me want to reach for an air sick bag. I now have an excel file with no less than 7342 frequencies, no hair on the left side of my head, and if my wife tells me, it's not that important one more time. I may chew off the dog's ear. PLEASE HELP

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
The ARTCC freqs for NY are accurate AFAIK as given in our database. You might want to ask on the Scan New England website for Boston, and go to the Ohio forum to ask about the Cleveland site, assuming no one steps up to the plate here. Never use the FAA ATA100 listings as they are frequently out of date.

73 Mike

Gator596

Premium Subscriber
I've heard YYZ traffic get routed to Cleveland Center out of the ARTCC Grimsby Control Center on 133.3. Give that a listen and you will hear the Cleveland freq mentioned.
I have also been hearing stuff for the ARTCC Cleveland Super High on 322.55 and/or 120.625
Have had good luck with commercial air freqs from http://www.canairradio.com/
Good luck!

Last edited:

zguy1243

Plain and simple, you won't find what your looking for. The center freqs change in frequency and use and the documents that are published are just not updated. I seen the latest DOD IFR Sup with my own eyes and the listings are nearly identical to it was 10 years ago. I have frequencies for Atlanta center that I have monitored for the last 8-10 years that have never been published anywhere that I can find. The best that you can do is get all the info you can from published sources and start monitoring and put the pieces together. It is a constant effort for me to keep just my Atlanta center freq list updated. My listing for Atlanta center for VHF and UHF looks alot different than the published lists that are available......

Last edited:
D

DaveNF2G

I cover Boston, Cleveland, New York ARTCC and New York TRACON on my website. Some sector realignments appear to be occurring in Boston's airspace. I'm watching virtual radar and listening to voice traffic while plotting handoffs on Google Earth. Many flights are routed differently from the original VOR-VOR numbered routes. Frequency usage is also not exactly as published in most places.

I plan to post a screenshot of my Google Earth work in progress to my site soon.

zerg901

Premium Subscriber
Your dog probably doesnt need 2 ears anyhow. It might be easier to hear the scanner without the ear. :)

Per recent articles in Aviation Week & Space Technology Magazine, the FAA is making significant upgrades to their ATC consoles and electronics. I think they are trying to put my flights in the sky at the same time, have fewer weather delays, and find shorter routes for aircraft. The buzzword might be "Free Flight" or "Free Space" or "Next Generation" or something like that.

Peter Sz

jsoergel

PM me with your email and I will send you some ZOB documents I have. Not all of the UHF frequencies are correct, but most of the VHF ones are, and I can offer a few sources to help fill in the UHF.

CalebATC

The best thing I can reccomend is Mil Air Comms... click the one closest to your home, Yes- they are outdated by 7 years- but the centers don't often "delete" there frequencies, if so just a few, if anything- they will make new ones.

Scan, scan scan!!! Most of my hours are spent scanning, not monitoring, but in Georgia, I live literly right next to a repeater, so it's very easy to gather up center frequencies.

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.