article on new uniden scanners

Status
Not open for further replies.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Well, not sure where he's coming from, as the video streamed without a hitch, and viewership rose during the video...from 820 at noon to 1120 at about 12:20pm (shortly before the video was over). Most of the rest of the article has nothing really to do with the scanners. Rather it is his opinion regarding the state of PD encryption.

Last edited:

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
The video kept crashing? Really? I had no problems with the video stream.

I think UPMan and his crew did a great job with the presentation.

Maybe the author just has a crappy computer that wasn't able to handle the video. The author also need to learn proper punctuation techniques. LOL!!

:)

Last edited:

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I watched the entire video live in real-time and had no issue with the streaming, nor have I heard a single complaint from anyone else claiming there was any trouble with it.

Alex Gross said:
Here is a clue,this was not hype,this was a waste of people's time.

I'd say reading that "news" article was the true waste of time here. Very poorly written, full of grammatical and spelling errors, and written in an extremely unprofessional tone and manner.

Is there really any point to this thread besides shameless self-promotion, Alex? :roll:

lep

I have what could be considered a 'crappy copper DSL line from my home to the telco' yet I watched the whole presentation live with no problem. Personally I enjoyed the demo of the scanners much more than the interviews with the 4 [supposed] customers which I thought was a lame way of making the we-listen-to-our -customers point. But, I'm not in the business of selling consumers technical products so obviously those who are in that business approved the idea.
Do the new scanners have functions that will cause me to buy the pair, Sure, why not? Are all the features I hoped for included no, so what? When the HP-1 EE was announced it was a surprise to me and included features I had no idea could be added. Maybe such a surprise will come about in the future with these new models too.
The posted news article is poorly written, I have a little experience having published a book a few years ago so I still recognize poor writing.
I don't like the trend toward ENC for a variety of reasons that need not be repeated. But that discussion has NOTHING at all to do with the introduction of the new scanners and is a misplaced use of space to rage against a decision by his local authorities that is unrelated to Uniden new models

svfd17

I watched the entire video live in real-time and had no issue with the streaming, nor have I heard a single complaint from anyone else claiming there was any trouble with it.

I'd say reading that "news" article was the true waste of time here. Very poorly written, full of grammatical and spelling errors, and written in an extremely unprofessional tone and manner.

Is there really any point to this thread besides shameless self-promotion, Alex? :roll:

Lmao!

Sent from my C570 using this tapatalk machinery

phillydjdan

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.0.4; LG-MS870 Build/IMM76L) AppleWebKit/535.19 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/18.0.1025.166 Mobile Safari/535.19)

I watched the entire video without a hitch. The worst part of this article is that it discusses the topic of encryption, which no scanner manufacturer can do anything about because decoding it would be illegal!

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ

scannersnstuff

video ran absolutely perfect where i live. granted, the actors were hokey, imho. i think the new product launch was pretty much on target. i was impressed that the msrp was announced. i thought it all went rather well.

Last edited by a moderator:

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Not that anybody will believe me after a lot of people swear that there was no problems .But the first 10 min or so of the video kept stopping and starting, after that it ran perfect.. I have Comcast.
No reason to doubt you. Sometimes individual internet providers' systems have issues, where others don't.

bryan_herbert

Premium Subscriber
The Examiner isn't a legit news source. Its a platform that allows any citizen to act as a journalist. Majority of the time the articles posted are loaded with factual errors and opinion. Hence why it's a favored source for conspiracy theorists, hate groups and fear mongers.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
DO NOT COPY AND PASTE THIS ARTICLE.

Don't worry Alex...as poorly written as it is and with so many grammatical & factual errors I don't think anyone will worry about copy & pasting this rambling incoherent piece of crap passing as a "news story".

As others have said Examiner.com is an open platform that allows any
wannabe journalist to get train their pet monkey to pound away on a
keyboard and have the results show up as a "story" whether or not it is
based in reality or correct (or coherent) in any way, shape or form.

My suggestion: save the money you would have spent on the new Uniden scanners and enroll at a journalism class at a local university.

Marshall KE4ZNR

garys

Premium Subscriber
Thank you to everyone for saving me from wasting my time reading the article.

cpuerror

It's a good article if you need a laugh. I really like the part about the lost puppies and giving candy to children. Because encryption.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
The only thing I agree with in this article, is the use of what looked like paid actors. I'm sorry, but after going through a countdown, seeing it go to 00:00 then have to wait yet ANOTHER 5 minutes more, I am ready for product and facts about product. It was not until about 10 minutes into the video that UPman finally comes on. For future reference, I would appreciate just getting to the point. Paul is all most of us cared to see and hear from. Really! Once he started talking, THEN Uniden got my attention, not before!

Manny

DickH

... seeing it go to 00:00 then have to wait yet ANOTHER 5 minutes more, I am ready for product and facts about product. It was not until about 10 minutes into the video that UPman finally comes on....

It was 9 minutes of nothing, then music and 18 minutes before he got to the actual scanners.
I wonder if you tied Paul's hands down, if he could speak? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.