Aruba Contest 10 meter

Status
Not open for further replies.

S1deband1t

I was listening to an operator in Aruba claiming that there was a contest all weekend until Sunday evening in order to mark Aruba Tricentenial celebration (I think) from breaking away from Brazil (???)

Anyway, I heard him hit about 60 QSL's in about the same amount of minutes yesterday evening. The frequency (yesterday) was 28.4897 USB. There are a group of contesters all using the same call sign. AL##P I think.

Meanwhile, I have to sit and wait for my call sign from 8 days ago passing element 2 for Tech....

KC5AKB

Welcome to the fun.
Looks like you are ready Radio and Antenna on standby.
Now FCC data base come On!

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
P40AUA is a special event station operating the entire month of March to commemorate the 40th anniversary of the Aruban national flag and national anthem and the 30th anniversary of Aruba's Status Aparte from the Netherlands. Historically, Aruba was part of the Netherlands Antilles, but it is now a autonomous state within the Dutch Kingdom.

DX-World » P40AUA – Aruba

Callsigns from Aruba should start with P4. Hams operating under reciprocal licensing agreements might be using a "P4/" identifier in front of their own callsign.

I knew a guy from Aruba in college. He had been born in Aruba of African descent, was very smart, and could speak 6 languages. At that time, the Aruban economy was heavily based on oil production and Shell Oil was paying his way to college in the U.S.

Status
Not open for further replies.