Arvada/Westy

Status
Not open for further replies.

funcritter

For the past hour I have noticed that Arvada/Westminster are all quiet. Not one call has been picked up on either of my scanners. I turned them both on just to make sure that I'm not missing something set wrong on one of them. This is very strange.

Have they changed any frequencies or anything? I haven't listened much this week because I was sick.

EDIT: At 5.18 AM I got some calls coming through on both scanners. Must have been a slow morning!!!

Last edited:

lmriggs

Loveland also gets real quite on a regular basis but mostly in the mornings. I kinda think they prefer to use their computers for dispatching when they can but it would be interesting to know for sure.

funcritter

Yeah they must have been using the computers. I had never heard them that quiet before for so long.

I'm not usually the most wide awake person at that hour. It took me a few days to realize I had Castle Rock police tuned in instead of Adams County. I was wondering why I was getting so many Larkspur calls coming in. :lol: Even heard an elk versus big truck a few weeks ago near Larkspur!

RISC777

lmriggs said:
Loveland also gets real quite on a regular basis but mostly in the mornings. I kinda think they prefer to use their computers for dispatching when they can but it would be interesting to know for sure.

Both get pretty quiet in the early AM hours, such as from 03:00 to around 05:00.

When people get up and set their ovens on fire or get into a wreck on the way to work it gets more active.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
You guys need to get out of town and try monitoring on the eastern plains, or some other more rural areas like Lake City where your lucky to hear one radio transmission overnight.

Jim<

funcritter

jimmnn said:
You guys need to get out of town and try monitoring on the eastern plains, or some other more rural areas like Lake City where your lucky to hear one radio transmission overnight.

Jim<

Yeah yeah we big city folk are too spoiled! This thread proves it!

Status
Not open for further replies.