Ascension Parish questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

djl7780

Can anyone point me into the right direction for the ascension parish sheriff's frequencies, etc. I am new to scanners, and have a Uniden BC246T. I am using ARC software to program it. Any help is greatly appreciated. thanks

kevins669

Database Admin
Can anyone point me into the right direction for the ascension parish sheriff's frequencies, etc. I am new to scanners, and have a Uniden BC246T. I am using ARC software to program it. Any help is greatly appreciated. thanks

I know they have a couple of systems in Ascension Parish, but I believe they have joined the State 700 system.

The information you need is in the DB. You will also need a new scanner, if you want to hear public safety :( .

-- Kevin

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
I am not sure if they have switched entirely over to LATIE, but in any case they went digital about a year ago if I remember correctly.

djl7780

I know they have a couple of systems in Ascension Parish, but I believe they have joined the State 700 system.

The information you need is in the DB. You will also need a new scanner, if you want to hear public safety :( .

-- Kevin

Do you mean I will need a new scanner to pick up the 700 system? or jut for public safety? Also which handheld do you recommend?
Thanks

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
As far as the digital goes, you will of course have to have a digital scanner. If they are actually on LATIE is the question as to which scanner you need.

Since you are looking for a handheld, I would recommend the PSR-500 at this time; it does suffer a bit from the total items it can hold. You might wait and see what the not-yet-announced BCD396XT may offer (see yahoo group) to see if it solves some of the problems experienced by the current BCD396T.

red8

A couple of days ago, I saw a friend of mine who works for Sorrento PD, and he told me that they are now on LATIE full time. I did not have my scanner with me. However if I did and he had some time I would have gotten him to help me with some talkgroups to program in and pass along to everyone.
Sorry'bout that
red8

Status
Not open for further replies.