Ashabula County

Status
Not open for further replies.

jake01

Ashtabula County, Ohio doesn't seem to use the Buckeye State Sheriffs Association [Signals and Codes.] Is there someone that knows the ones they use. Thank You

Nasby

They use a modified version of the Ohio Buckeye Codes.
Some of the codes are the same as the exact same as the Buckeye Codes while some are slightly different or are exclusive to only Ashtabula County.

jake01

Ashabuala County

Thank You for the come back. Do you know the ones that are exclusive to Ashabuala County? If you do, can you give them to me. I would appreciate it. Thanks again.

Nasby

Sorry Jake but I don't know them by heart.
Most are pretty easy to figure out and they are close to the Buckeye Codes.
So if you have a Buckeye list, keep it handy while scanning and I'll bet you will figure out most of the Ashtabula codes and signals just by listening to the details of the call and looking at the Buckeye list as a general guide.

Firefox89

Premium Subscriber
Another question about Ashtabula County, I was driving through there they other day and had the VHF freqs on my scanner and was only hearing dispatches... do they simulcast onto VHF and talk on MARCS IP or are they still just on solely VHF? Reason I ask is because I did see on the MARCS IP page that they do have fireground and talk channels? Thanks.

W8VFD

Feed Provider
The majority of the fire traffic in Ashtabula county is VHF simplex so unless you're relatively close to the incident you're only going to hear the dispatch. A couple of Northern county fire departments have put up their own repeaters with outputs on one of the county fire frequencies to extend their coverage. I have yet to hear any fire departments in Ashtabula county utilizing either of the MARCS systems for regular operations, a few of the departments have a hand held or two for interop but that's about it.

Another question about Ashtabula County, I was driving through there they other day and had the VHF freqs on my scanner and was only hearing dispatches... do they simulcast onto VHF and talk on MARCS IP or are they still just on solely VHF? Reason I ask is because I did see on the MARCS IP page that they do have fireground and talk channels? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.