Asheboro PD & Randolph County Sheriff

Status
Not open for further replies.

bohica

I recently moved to the Asheboro area. Several people have informed me that most law enforcement in this area have switched to 800 mhz digital trunking and I can only assume it is VIPER since I do not have a scanner that can pick it up. I have a old pro-2006 that I programed the old Asheboro PD freqs in (453.525, 453.425) and have picked up activity but cannot be sure if it is Asheboro or some other agency. I have installed (Randolph County Sheriff and Asheboro Police - Asheboro, NC - Listen Online) on my desktop computer and have confirmed it is picking up some Asheboro PD radio traffic but is NOT the same stuff I am hearing on UHF. Can anyone provide any info on LEO in my area? I thank your in advance for any help you can give me.

REVREID

ashboro/randolph co.

i do know that all of randolph county-sheriff,fire ems, is on viper. i cant receive ashboro-and i live in davidson county. if you could purchase a home patrol 1 scanner- you could get all of randolph county.hope this helps

Flyham

I recently moved to the Asheboro area. Several people have informed me that most law enforcement in this area have switched to 800 mhz digital trunking and I can only assume it is VIPER since I do not have a scanner that can pick it up. I have a old pro-2006 that I programed the old Asheboro PD freqs in (453.525, 453.425) and have picked up activity but cannot be sure if it is Asheboro or some other agency. I have installed (Randolph County Sheriff and Asheboro Police - Asheboro, NC - Listen Online) on my desktop computer and have confirmed it is picking up some Asheboro PD radio traffic but is NOT the same stuff I am hearing on UHF. Can anyone provide any info on LEO in my area? I thank your in advance for any help you can give me.

Welcome to Randolph County and Asheboro. I'm located in the NW corner of the county near Archdale.
I can confirm for you that all Randolph agencies less Asheboro PD are using the VIPER Radio system. At present Asheboro PD operates on UHF 453.525 with 453.425 as a secondary / back-up repeater. There is talk of Asheboro PD making the migration to VIPER sometime in 2014.

Enjoy

NwJ

Status
Not open for further replies.