Asheville Pro-164

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majicks82

Good Evening,
I have owned my 164 for about a year I bought it at radio shack and they programmed it for me when I bought it in the store, well last week I lost everything so I took myself to that radio shack to have them reprogram it for me to find out that they don't do that anymore. Is there anyone out there that would be willing to clone there 164 to mine or program this one for me? I will pay I just figure that I will ask here because after I were to buy the cable and start messing the software i might go crazy from what I have read here. I have read everything on this site regarding trunking and just don't get it. I have done all the steps right but I'm missing something I get half of the convos on the Tacs and dont get dispatch I mostly listen to APD because it is the most entertaining thing out there

Thanks for any help guys

N8IAA

Are you asking about the Asheville Public Safety trunked system? Or, the VIPER system? If you download Win97 at www.starrsoft I can help get you up and running. You will need to get the USB programming cable. Programming the scanner via software is much easier than trying to do it by hand.
HTH,
Larry

Majicks82

thanks! I will get the software and the cable this week and get back to you! Im not sure what system I need I know its a 800mhz Motorola system that they use but im not sure about VIPER is that not digital? because i know my scanner can't do digital. would you like me to just PM you when I get the cable and stuff or just post back on this tread.

Robbyboy

Cat Herder
thanks! I will get the software and the cable this week and get back to you! Im not sure what system I need I know its a 800mhz Motorola system that they use but im not sure about VIPER is that not digital? because i know my scanner can't do digital. would you like me to just PM you when I get the cable and stuff or just post back on this tread.

Let us know how you make out! N8IAA isn't kidding when he says computer programming is much easier, especially if you have a premium account here and you are able to download everything in one fell swoop! I remember I lost my registration key for my Win96 back in the day and I was trying to program my Pro-96 (with alpha tagging). I thought my fingers would fall off! :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.