Ashtabula city scanning prob.

Status
Not open for further replies.

aimedtoannoy

Premium Subscriber
I cant seem to pick up the Ashtabula police at all. I dont know if anyone have had the same problem but its like they disappeared. I have my HP set to scan all of ashtabula county. every frequency has came up at least once since i got it except ashtabula city. Anyone know if they packed up and moved to a different frequency?

jack_rt

Premium Subscriber
They disappeared about a month ago. No clue where they went. I saw a State Trooper out at 45 &90 getting gas and asked him but he said he didn't know, but he did say if you call them and ask they'll tell you. Not sure if I believe that, lol.

discher

ashtabula,city,ohio

still can not hear them on scanner or on live audio or i have a pro-197 and program with radio reference new update thanks mike

NS8N

There was a thread a while ago asking the same thing. Apparently they moved to a fairly low powered 700mhz conventional system. They are certainly never heard on the MARCS system. I haven't been able to pick them up with the little rubber duck antenna that is attached to the HP1 but am soon putting up a rooftop antenna and hopefully can pick them up that way. I am in Saybrook Township btw, not far from downtown.

The 700mhz freqs were added to the DB fairly recently after someone confirmed to have heard APD using them (he was near RT 84 and RT 11).

discher

ashtabula,city,ohio

I spend over two hrs last night searching the 700mhz at rt.20 and west ave ..with no dice.also i have a new
antenna 25-1300mhz discone it is 50ft in the air.. still no hit on the live audio. thanks mike

NS8N

Well something is certainly fishy. Can't imagine them being quiet for over 2 hours...and you are right in the middle of town.

discher

yes you are right i have been listing to them for years. also are you the one doing the live feed audio.they are very active. mike

NS8N

No, that would be user: "aimedtoannoy" a few posts above. Thing is, I've listened to his feed a lot and not once have heard APD.

aimedtoannoy

Premium Subscriber
This is a VERY late reply, I forgot about this thread. To this day I still pick up APD, A couple of weeks ago I finally put an tone for every time APD is picked up, There are times where I will not hear APD for a couple of hours and thee are times when I will hear APD every couple minuets.

NS8N

This is a VERY late reply, I forgot about this thread. To this day I still pick up APD, A couple of weeks ago I finally put an tone for every time APD is picked up, There are times where I will not hear APD for a couple of hours and thee are times when I will hear APD every couple minuets.

You're staying true to your username, nice try.

Status
Not open for further replies.