• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

ASK byte moved in MTS2000, can't find it

Status
Not open for further replies.

radicalbill

I think I need SP1 on my machine to get it to take the 4.6.1, I am going to go work on that and let you know if that fixes the not installing problem

Chance

Feed Provider
I added a little bit of code to calculate proper checksum instead of hard-coding it. There's no checking for Firmware version. But otherwise it is pretty fool proof. It doesn't hurt to hit the fix button again. In fact it is encouraged to make sure it took off the ASK Bit.

It is very fast as it is only writing two bytes.

SendSbep(new byte[] { 0xF5, 0x17, 0x00, 0x02, 0x82, askByte });
SendSbep(new byte[] { 0xF5, 0x17, 0x00, 0x02, 0x89, checkSum });

Attachments

• JediComlink.zip
    55.3 KB · Views: 33

radicalbill

The program removed the ASK on all 5. You are amazing. I programmed one with the new channels

I tried to clone the rest, but it says they are not the same codeplug, so I may have to do all this by hand, unless there is an easy way to copy all the conventional personalities and channels from one codeplug to another using MTS2000

In any case, thank you. I never would have been able to do this without you.

Sincerely

William
KC2OVX

Chance

Feed Provider
Very good to hear! My pleasure and it was great to see it actually work for someone else.

I don't have much advice on the cloning. I re-purposed our PD/FD radios to 800 mhz conventional about a year ago. I think I had to fudge the system key to get the old defunct system off. One by one. Then after, I was able to use the clone wizard for updates.

I look forward to providing more updates to the program and making the source available on GitHub. It was fun to do non-work stuff again...

radicalbill

I am amazed by the knowledge so few people have. It is people like you that literally keep the lights on and the world working.

And the people that the govt probably wishes knew a lot less.

Thank You

radicalbill

Will this software you wrote work on the MCS2000 radios as well ?

I know the location is different for the ASK in the MCS2000

I don't have that model, but I am thinking down the line, if I need to remove the ASK on those, it would be great if this works for those as well

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.