ASP "private"

Status
Not open for further replies.

k5kvn

I heard an ASP Trooper on AWIN ask another trooper at an accident "do you have your private on?" Other Trooper answered, "No, I don't have my county hooked up." So, they briefly chatted on the AWIN talkgroup.

So, what is the "private" frequency?

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
I heard an ASP Trooper on AWIN ask another trooper at an accident "do you have your private on?" Other Trooper answered, "No, I don't have my county hooked up." So, they briefly chatted on the AWIN talkgroup.

So, what is the "private" frequency?

Based on what the second trooper responded with, I would assume it is a channel on the county system or radio (or perhaps they have a simplex channel programmed in their county radios). My brief Google search said that Elm Springs, AR (where your profile says you are) is located in both Benton and Washington Counties. Maybe the database on here has something under one of those? I haven't looked...

wbswetnam

Around Faulkner Co it usually means switch to 155.475. A lot of the LEO's around here use that freq to visit with each other.

That's the nationwide mutual aid "law" channel. Most of the activity I've ever heard on that frequency was law enforcement from different states talking with each other, especially very near state borders. I heard a lot more activity on that frequency back in the 1980s than I hear on it today. Still, once in while it lights up... it's worth having in the scanner.

chudson584

More than likely he was referring to a private call. All digital radios have a private call feature where the user can perform a call to a specific radio and only the two within the private call can hear and communicate with each other without disturbing other radio users.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
More than likely he was referring to a private call. All digital radios have a private call feature where the user can perform a call to a specific radio and only the two within the private call can hear and communicate with each other without disturbing other radio users.

I would have thought this, too, except that the OP said the other trooper responded "I don't have my county on". Otherwise the private call you mention would be in the state radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.