ASRI versus ARINC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry51

Premium Subscriber
I'm trying to update the aviation section of my database. I noticed that a lot of the ARINC licensed frequencies in the Norfolk area have been replaced by frequencies licensed to Aviation Spectrum Resources Inc (ASRI).

In checking around, I find that ARINC is still in business, so I'm not sure what's going on. Can anyone shed some light as to what's going on?

Larry51

Premium Subscriber
Interesting. According to their website, ARINC still holds the licenses for the ACARS sites nationwide. But ASRI now holds the licenses for all the fixed ground stations locally.

w6pc

I'm trying to update the aviation section of my database. I noticed that a lot of the ARINC licensed frequencies in the Norfolk area have been replaced by frequencies licensed to Aviation Spectrum Resources Inc (ASRI).

In checking around, I find that ARINC is still in business, so I'm not sure what's going on. Can anyone shed some light as to what's going on?

---------------------------------------------------

I believe the change took place in 2010. ARSI is housed in the same address on Riva Road as ARINC. I am unclear as to why the need arose to make the change out of the ARINC name. All the processes and forms are basically copies of the old ARINC forms with a new letterhead pasted on. I deal with this organization from time to time on business.

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.