BCD325P2/BCD996P2: Assigning System & Group keys to DMR systems

rocky28965

Premium Subscriber
As the title suggests I am trying to assign system quick keys and group quick keys to DMR systems.
This is quite easy with conventional systems, but doesn't seem possible with a DMR system.
I am using Proscan software to setup the program.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
As the title suggests I am trying to assign system quick keys and group quick keys to DMR systems.
This is quite easy with conventional systems, but doesn't seem possible with a DMR system.
The SQKs are done at the site level on trunking systems.
Click the site node then you will be able to assign a SQK.

Last edited:

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
So I assign a SQK for each site.
How do I then create groups/channels and assign them a GQK ?
Click the system node that you want to add a group to, then click the Add button then click Group.
Assign a GQK to the group.

To add channels, click the group node that you want to add channels to, then click the Add button then click Channel
To make multiple rows of channels: Click on the channel then click the Copy button then click the Paste button multiple times.
If you have a list of TGIDs then it will be easier to use the Get Clipboard function so you don't have to input each TGID.

Last edited:

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I think I'm missing something here.
How can I assign GQK's to frequencies?
GQKs can only be assigned to groups. On a conventional system, the group contains the frequencies. On a trunking system, the group contains the TGIDs.

rocky28965

Premium Subscriber
Yes it's starting to get a bit beyond my old brain.
I have a SDS200E programed just the way I want it and I am trying to use the same program on my BCD996P2
I also have a USDS100 with the same program for portable use.
My memory is getting bad too, so it makes it easier if I only have to push the same buttons.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Yes it's starting to get a bit beyond my old brain.
I have a SDS200E programed just the way I want it and I am trying to use the same program on my BCD996P2
I also have a USDS100 with the same program for portable use.
My memory is getting bad too, so it makes it easier if I only have to push the same buttons.

You could import from the Favorites on the SDS200E to the BCD996P2. On the BCD996P2 instance, Go to the Import menu and click on the Sentinel hpd menu. You may want to create a new database file 1st.

As you know, the BCD996P2 doesn't have favorites and therefore no FL Quick Keys to turn off and on so the key presses are not going to be the same.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Here is a PDF file which will answer all of your questions about using quick keys:

Attachments

• Uniden Scanner Quick Key Instructions DMA.pdf
    11 KB · Views: 20

rocky28965

Premium Subscriber
You could import from the Favorites on the SDS200E to the BCD996P2. On the BCD996P2 instance, Go to the Import menu and click on the Sentinel hpd menu. You may want to create a new database file 1st.

As you know, the BCD996P2 doesn't have favorites and therefore no FL Quick Keys to turn off and on so the key presses are not going to be the same.
In order to make this work I am assuming, I would need to export that particular file first, from the SDS200E program?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
In order to make this work I am assuming, I would need to export that particular file first, from the SDS200E program?
Negative. Just import using the BCD996P2 instance. You need to know the folder location of the Favorites before importing.

rocky28965

Premium Subscriber
Yep that worked.
There were 8 separate files.
I imported them all separately and the complete program was the same as SDS200E
But as you say I still have to sort out the quick keys.