Assigning Talk Groups

Status
Not open for further replies.

KD9GLB

Try as I might, I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to get the talk groups I have downloaded from here assigned to a trunk system so I can listen to them. I have both ARC500 and Win500, and neither software has instructions on how to do this. I have a Whistler 1040 and 1065, I have downloaded the Starcom 21 system from this website. I have imported it in both programs, and yet, the talk groups remain unassigned. Does this have to be done manually, in the scanner? Otherwise, the scanners and programming went easily, except for the trunking stuff. Perhaps I am missing something. Any help would be appreciated

tvengr

Well Known Member
Using ARC500, double click on the Trunk System column for one of the talkgroups. It will give you a choice of the systems available to select. If no choice, you have to create a system.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Try as I might, I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to get the talk groups I have downloaded from here assigned to a trunk system so I can listen to them. I have both ARC500 and Win500, and neither software has instructions on how to do this. I have a Whistler 1040 and 1065, I have downloaded the Starcom 21 system from this website. I have imported it in both programs, and yet, the talk groups remain unassigned. Does this have to be done manually, in the scanner? Otherwise, the scanners and programming went easily, except for the trunking stuff. Perhaps I am missing something. Any help would be appreciated
Ideally, you would import each system (called a TSYS object), as well as any desired TGIDs (called a TGRP object for this scanner series) at the same time.
During web import, after you log in, then choose your country, state, and county, you would see a list of trunked systems in the county.
Here, I selected one site of a local system:
Then, scroll down into the section titled as Talkgroups.
There, you pick the talkgroups that you will want associated with this site.
With those choices selected, click on the "Import This System button. That gets you to this:
Here, you would give the system whatever name you desire, and choose a scanlist for the TGRP objects to be assigned to.The scanlist assignment lets you choose the list these are included in, and you can use the keypad to turn the TGRPs on or off when scanning.
On the TSYS objects tab, if I were to click on the name of the system I just created (Midlothian) in the TSYS list atthe tip of the page, then, on the bottom, I would see TGRPs (talkgroups) associated with this particular system.

Confirm that, when you look at the TSYS tab (this is from Win500), that you can see the System's name, but there are no talkgroups below it.

Attachments

• 1588557445620.png
    1588557445620.png
    17.8 KB · Views: 3

KD9GLB

Thanks for the advice. It appears I was missing something. I have it working now. Thanks for sharing the info, it really helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.