ASSIST! Union County Feds

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
What are the frequencies used by the FBI, US Marshalls, etc. in Union county?

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

jmsanders83

KC8JSU
Premium Subscriber
Just relaying RR policy - but it is against RR policy to have federal law enforcement frequencies/talkgroups on the feeds. This goes for local law enforcement sensitive channels as well. Dispatch and general tac channels are ok, but discrete tac channels are a no-no. (Unless something has changed since I got an email about this a few months ago).

On a side note, although much federal LE activity is encrypted, some does sneak through in the clear. I'm not aware of any particular frequencies in your area as I am in Cincinnati, but you may want to keep an ear on the common allocations that can typically be found on radio reference or a simple google search. FBI and Marshals in the 162-174 band and DEA in the 410-420 band. US Marshals also use MARCS, although the info is not published officially on RR, read through this thread for some reported talkgroups:
http://forums.radioreference.com/oh.../93526-unidentified-new-marcs-talkgroups.html

Hope this helps

-Josh

jmsanders83

KC8JSU
Premium Subscriber
Misread union county feds for union county feeds. Oops. You are absolutely correct. Please disregard my post.

ecps92

Have you tried searching the basic channel plans for Federal users? Not all channels are active like a local police dept, so you usually only hear activity when something is on-going.

Try 137-144 , 148-150.7500, 162-174, 406-420 for a basic search.
Make Notes [Tones etc] and post back what you hear in a few weeks.

As for the NAY sayers, NOT all Federal traffic is Encrypted. There is still plenty going on for US to listen to. Just a little patience is needed.

What are the frequencies used by the FBI, US Marshalls, etc. in Union county?

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
ibagli said:
jmsanders83 said:
US Marshals also use MARCS, although the info is not published officially on RR

Because nobody has submitted the info.

Or confirmed it. Lots of speculation, but no confirmation.

Status
Not open for further replies.