Assist w/Nightly Win10 reboot and Proscan restart

Status
Not open for further replies.

atcs2ldo

N6YSC
Feed Provider
My feed is using a dedicated Atom-based Win 10 Pro mini-computer and Proscan software to feed Broadcastify. All works fine until Win updates run and the computer forces a reboot. It's important to keep up with these updates so I'm hoping to have the computer do these updates/restart daily and then automatically restart the Proscan software which should then reconnect the feed. Using the following I continue to wake each day with the computer at the Windows login screen.

Task Scheduler
Created a new basic task to reboot the system each night at 3:00 am.
Action Details
Start a program C:\Windows\System32\shutdown.exe -r (the -r is to ensure the computer restarts after shutdown)
Start a program C:\BC796D\Proscan.exe

Looking for any advice on how to ensure the computer will perform updates / restart each night at 3:00 am and then restart Proscan.

Thanks, Terry

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
The easiest way to launch proscan after a reboot is to put a shortcut for proscan.exe in your Startup Folder.
You should be able to find the start up folder in your Start menu (the button on the corner of your task bar where you find your programs)

a417

Are nightly reboots really a necessity? Are you storing highly sensitive data on that computer that need to be protected via Microsofts weekly update patches, and those patches only?

Status
Not open for further replies.