Assist with scanning Entergy on 433

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesPrine

Hello all!

I'm having some difficulties programming Entergy frequencies into my PRO-433.

I've programmed all three frequencies listed for the Ponchatoula area into my PRO-433 via ARC433 programming software. I applied the appropriate settings for Motorola Type II trunking, and now is where it becomes interesting...

Should I apply Status Bit on or off?

For the End Code, should I select Ignore, or Detect?

For the Control Channel setting, it offers OFF, or Plans 1 through 4...which should I select?

I am getting a lot of traffic on the Entergy frequencies on my old PRO-92 scanner that I programmed with Win92, so the frequencies are indeed very active.

I used ARC433 to set up LT settings for North Oaks Medical Center and it works perfectly, by the way.

Any assistance or advice is gratefully accepted!

James

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Motorola Type II Smartzone.

Status Bits off
Detect end code
Plan 1 I believe is the right one if your doing CC Only scanning.
If you get a chance to tap that 92 and use it to run Universal Trunker or T-88 on the sites nearest you please submit all data on it..

Which sites are you monitoring? Am trying to document as many of the sites after changes have been made... Need site Numbering, CC, alt CC, neighbors, CT and any undocumented TG's. Am about to do a complete overhaul of the way Entergy is set up in the db.

Last edited by a moderator:

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Alternatively, if you have all the frequencies for the site programmed, run with Control Channel Off, then you don't have to worry about what plan is needed.

JamesPrine

Well, I'm pretty frustrated with this...worked at it from 1800 hours to just now (2400); all failures to get it all working properly.

I programmed in all three frequencies for Ponchatoula (Zone 012, Site C), using Motorola type II Smartzone Omnilink settings in the ARC433 software. No success.

I tried variations of the CC Plans (Off through 1-4), Detecting and Ignoring the End Code, and setting the Status Bits from Off to On, and nothing whatsoever worked.

My eyes and my brain are drained.

Can someone give me a hand here? My programming cable and com port settings are fine, I already have checked those several times.

Later...

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Do not use omnilink as this is NOT an omnilink system. It is 3 separate SmartZone systems using pre omnilink tech to connect them. Use the same set up as you would for ANY SmartZone Type II 800 MHz TRS. Once I get a tad more data on a few more sites I am resetting the Entergy TRS in the db to reflect the system as it truly is. Three separate SmartZone systems.

On CC only.. First verify the CC's your getting. Once you have established that you have the proper CC then you can go with CC only. Make sure you can get the CC with at least 50% decode to properly track it Once your sure you have the right sys and site.. the SysID will confirm that... Program it as an Mot Type II SmartZone. You may wish to program ALL the site's freqs in and run it that way just to be sure untill you know for sure on it. The Entergy system rarely rotates CC's from the primary unless a site is undergoing maintenance or having repair done. Status bits should be off as is standard setting for Type II's, end code is best on so you don't miss the next comms commin through. Make sure your attenuation is off unless your in an oversaturated rf area. I monitor Entergy daily using both my PRO-92B and PRO-96. I also have my 92 discriminator tapped to run UT, and T-88 on it. I can receive up to 6 sites depending on the weather. Usually I get 3 with good decode.

Once again do not use OmniLink settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.