Assistance monitoring a trunked system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob_K

Feed Provider
I'm sure this has been covered a hundred times but I don't know what to search for.

I am finishing up my vacation in Fort Lauderdale and haven't had much monitoring time and I'm also a bit frustrated because I can't monitor what I want to, the way I want to.

I have a BCT396t with the latest firmware (that was my first hurdle with programming this system but I got through that on night one)

I imported everything through freescan and I only care about the Fire Rescue stuff. From FreeScan, I selected only the "FLL Fire Rescue groups". Now, when I scan I do get the stuff I wanted but it also stops on any IDs that are "unidentified" (not sure what to call it but those not in the database) and I only want it to scan the "known" IDs. For instance, it stops on ID29200 constantly which is not listed in the database. I only want to scan the known Fire Rescue stuff.

The only other trunked system I've ever monitored is the CSP and I got that working with little trouble.

Can anyone point me in the correct direction with the limited info I've been able to describe?

Thanks,
Rob

Last edited:

W6KRU

It sounds like you doing an ID Search not an ID Scan. If I'm right ID Search will be scrolling across your screen. To change it you can just press Function and Scan. It should then scroll ID Scan across the screen. You can also set Freescan to ID Scan instead of ID Search.

Rob_K

Feed Provider
You sir, are right on the money.

Now, when it stops on an ID that has been programmed, I'm seeing the ID number and not the name. The Easier to read says...Func then 5? Doesn't seem to work.

Thanks for the quick reply!

W6KRU

You sir, are right on the money.

Now, when it stops on an ID that has been programmed, I'm seeing the ID number and not the name. The Easier to read says...Func then 5? Doesn't seem to work.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Hold, Func. and 6.

Rob_K

Feed Provider
I am in business and I found the setting in FreeScan.

Thank you again for the assistance. Wish I asked a few days ago!

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Dan's already got you headed the right way.

Also, on the 396T, if you hit the "scan" key while it is scanning a trunked system, it will toggle that system between ID Search & ID Scan. So, even if you have your FreeScan file set correctly, originally, you may have inadvertently changed the setting on the scanner. The required use of the Function key, along with Scan, was a change for the 396XT, as the only way to toggle the option on the later model, While that does work on the 396T, using the Scan key only also flips the mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.