Assistance With Programing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luckypph

Premium Subscriber
I am new to all of this and just picked up a RS Pro-96. I am in Greensboro and am trying to learn everything as fast as I can. I have the win96 and programed the scanner without issue although find that the Freq. carries all the talkgroups. Is there a way I can change this OTHER than locking them out as they scan through? You can only lock out so many... The other issue I am having is being able to listen to just 1 dispatch. How can I just listen to say GPD Dist 2? ANY HELP would be better than what I am doing now please!!!

randyK

If the bank you're listening to has a "+" sign below it, that means it is in the open mode, in other words will receive anything on the system. If it has a "-" sign below it, that means it is in the closed mode in other words will only hear what's programmed. Closed is what you want. To toggle between open & closed, press "function" then "5" while on the bank you want to changed.
The easiest way to lock on a talkgroup is to wait till it's active, the press "pause". Another way is to press"program" then "trunk", use the arrow keys to scroll to the talkgroup you want to listen to, then press "function" then "trunk".

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Welcome "Unkown1".
Randy has it right and to sum up:
Open (+) Mode: You hear all TGs active on the system (similar to ID search on Uniden Scanners).
Closed (-) Mode: You only hear the TGs you have programmed into the scanner and that are not locked out (similar to ID Scan on Uniden Scanners).

If you still end up stumped I can try to cobble together a Win96 file for you for GSO over the weekend. Might be a day or so before I can put one together.

Happy Monitoring
Marshall KE4ZNR

Status
Not open for further replies.