• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

ASTRO 25 Portable CPS - Windows 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

mc911c8

I just installed ASTRO 25 Portable CPS Version R20.00.01 on a Windows 10 machine. I have an XTS 1500 and a factory Motorola USB programming cable. When I try to read the radio, I get an error message:

The box is titled NextGen10 and the message says, Radio Failed to Acknowledge Error Context: 24, Status: c000386

I'm wondering if this is related to the version of .NET that is pre-installed on Windows 10. I think it's 4.7. I say that because I got a weird message about .NET during the installation of the CPS software, but I didn't really pay a lot of attention to it at the time.

Has anyone else had this problem or know of a solution?

mc911c8

That worked!

No, I had not done that. I'm so used to USB cables emulating COM ports for other brands of radios that I didn't even think to look for that. That fixed it though. Thanks a lot!

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
I always forget this was an issue. Astro25 subscribers started out as serial only and USB functionality was added later and enabled on the radios via later firmware. So if you go back and forth between something like an Astro Spectra Plus and XTL5000 it became natural to switch it to from COM whatever to USB.

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
Has anyone else had this problem or know of a solution?

Astro 25 and it's USB implementation is garbage. In my experience during mass programming a couple years ago during our prep for go live, I touched hundreds of XTS/XTLs. During that time, I had to reinstall CPS about 25 times.

That is the first line of defense. If you plug in the USB cable, the device driver should load and you should hear the "duh dunk" sound when a radio is connected and powered up. If not, the USB driver is not loading.

Julisudman

Programming XTS5000R

Im having the same issue/. But it looks like I'm running old software version 05.00 any sugestions on where to get updated software? I bought it used. Thank you

No, I had not done that. I'm so used to USB cables emulating COM ports for other brands of radios that I didn't even think to look for that. That fixed it though. Thanks a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.