• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

ASTRO P25 Portable CPS Software Download issue

peq387ab

Premium Subscriber
Good evening

I just downloaded the CPS software for the Astro 25 portable for the XTS series from the Motorola website. But when I went to unzip the file I am getting these error when I try downloaded to my computer to setup.

I am using Windows 11 laptop, version 22H2

Any suggestions on what I can do to get this to work

Attachments

• 95930CBF-3211-4C7A-8CAB-9D269B73CF07.jpeg
    95930CBF-3211-4C7A-8CAB-9D269B73CF07.jpeg
    49.7 KB · Views: 81
  • 3FD3DF96-2581-4604-93C9-FA92A182EF39.jpeg
    3FD3DF96-2581-4604-93C9-FA92A182EF39.jpeg
    49.8 KB · Views: 80

a417

looks to me like it is already running? do you have another version of the CPS running?

peq387ab

Premium Subscriber
I don’t, I did check that here. Only other software Motorola related is a HT cps software which hasn’t been used in ages.

redbeard

OH, PA, WV Regional Admin
Database Admin
This message came well after you unzipped, the installer is already running. Did you install Astro 25 Mobile first? It's just telling you to close the launcher. Did you? The second message is pretty clear, it starts with 'if' and if it didn't apply you could ignore it.

Also Win11 may be an issue. This stuff was made back in the Win95/98 days.

K2NEC

Do Control+Alt+Delete and open the task manager. Make sure there is no Astro application running in the background

peq387ab

Premium Subscriber
I did check on the task manager there is no open applications for Motorola or Astro. Yeah, correct the message came after I unzipped the file. I didn’t install Astro mobile before, is that required to do so for this program for the portable version? Yeah I was wondering if windows 11 would be a problem, I can certainly roll back the version to run in a different older mode if needed.

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
This message came well after you unzipped, the installer is already running. Did you install Astro 25 Mobile first? It's just telling you to close the launcher. Did you? The second message is pretty clear, it starts with 'if' and if it didn't apply you could ignore it.

Also Win11 may be an issue. This stuff was made back in the Win95/98 days.
Astro25 was not win95/98 era It works fine on XP Win7 10 and 11

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø

I think that's the same version of windoze I'm running on my new laptop at work.
I just loaded Astro25 for mobile and portable from my old CD's on it yesterday, no issues.

I take it you shut the computer down all the way and restarted it?

Not much help I can offer. I was loading all my software on the new laptop and ran into issues with some of the new Kenwood software. Had to do whatever the "start fresh" thingamabob was on windows that took it back to the new out of the box state. Was able to load everything OK after that.

I hate computers.

peq387ab

Premium Subscriber
I had to roll back a software update on my computer. I guess I didn’t realize my computer did a recent update, and just had to revert back to the last update. Have to love Microsoft

JackRoberts23

Was Justin Schmidt
I have the same issue, what did you do to roll back the software update? I can't seem to figure out what to do

rbluesky

Good evening

I just downloaded the CPS software for the Astro 25 portable for the XTS series from the Motorola website. But when I went to unzip the file I am getting these error when I try downloaded to my computer to setup.

Good evening

Yeah use a Windows XP computer or laptop