• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Astro parts help

Status
Not open for further replies.

toolman60

Hello,

Would someone please help me with the following Moto parts or to cross reference them to a compatible part. These parts are needed for a W5 control head.

Part # Description
4811058B11 DIODE 48S11058A11 A/P
4882960R02 DIODE RECT 48R82960R01 A/P
4813821A30 MOSFET N-CH 60V 15A
4880141L01 TSTR PNP SOT23 LO PROFILE TAPE

Thanks
Tim

toolman60

intuity,

I have a head. I was trying to see if I could avoid trashing these and adding the board parts to keep them for spares. I hate to throw away a brand new W5 rear control head for dual control head system. But off to the trash they go. Looks as if everything in this world is throw away now and no repairing. Yes the heads dirt cheap on ebay with radio attached.

intuity

Tim,

I know what you mean - if I had the patience, steadiness of hand, and the bravado I used to, half the things I remand to my junk bins would be fixed >_< I've trashed more than enough boards replacing SMT components, and finally gave up :D

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
If you are going to trash them, pop the screen cover, seal and buttons out. Might even save the faceplate. Both of my W9's look brand new due to NOS A9 screen covers and buttons that were used to refresh the W9's.

toolman60

Thats what I done. I saved the displays and buttons face plate. Trashed the board. Heck if it not worth getting the parts to make it a front head surely not worth saving to rob a component from in the future.

toolman60

cmdrwill,
Thanks for offer. They are not broken they work just fine for a dual control head setup. They are rear control heads. I was wanting to add the components Moto left out (because it was a rear control head) and be able to use it for dash or remote mount. Everyone says it's not really worth the trouble plus I was having a little trouble locating 4 of the parts. The resistors and caps and a couple of the diode's I was able to cross reference.

Status
Not open for further replies.