• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Astro Saber Batteries NTN4595 & NTN4592?

Status
Not open for further replies.

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
Ok so i was happy my batteries came in today, Im an idiot for buying two of them.

When i broked them out of the box and placed one in the charge and tried the other on the radio, its like I had to force it in!

maybe this should be in the rants? nah.

Well as described on the product info - NTN4595, it comes to me as NTN4592.

Its for an Astro Saber but for which one?! feels like i wasted 70.00 for a pair of batteries that do work but doesnt fit right, its like trying to fit into shoes that dont fit.

Wonder if i can trade with some shop for 2 NTN4595 if i can FIND any shop with such a product, I highly doubt it.

Guess i got ripped off by Amazon or the seller himself

^ Im a complete idiot for buying them off amazon, price was right but product comes wrong and I should say false advertisement or displaying incorrect product information.

Last edited:

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
Is it an aftermarket battery or real Motorola? Sometimes, even the Motorola batteries will have a tight fit. This can be caused by the spanner nuts on the bottom of the radio being too tight or that the O-Rings on the inside of the radio are missing from the posts. This causes the radio to sit too low in the housing and causes the posts to scrub on the battery.

When you pull the battery off are there gouges in the battery where the spanner nuts/screw posts are scrubbing?

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
They were shown to be motorola batteries but guess i would say aftermarket when it came home different, its an extreme tight fit when i was putting them on, oh and i dont see where the spanner nuts/screws are scrubbing, i can barely tell when it feels like your using 20lbs of force to insert and remove a battery

W2NJS

Aftermarket Saber batteries have a common problem in that they usually are either too tight or too loose. And the difference, so called, between a 4595 and 4592, if any, can be meaningless if you're dealing with an aftermarket battery. Question is what the amp-hour capacity is of the battery they sent you. I've found that a real Motorola battery that the seller "thinks" works okay is often a better bet than any aftermarket Saber battery, with the possible exception of the units from Multiplier, a company whose batteries everyone seems to respect.

Tom, W2NJS
Washington DC

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
I still have that scar on my hand after trying to remove a battery.. the first set i got that wouldnt fit but meh, Im ok with what i have now but i got them from an ebay seller that had the right ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.