• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Astro saber cps

Status
Not open for further replies.

rnemtb2

Good afternoon, I’m not looking for a copy of any cps. I’m asking if anyone knows what version of the cps for the Astro saber will run in windows 95? Cps R05.02.00 and R05.03.00 tells me I need windows 98 or higher.
Thanks you in advance
George

a417

U+0000
As motorola started releasing CPS in 2000, and at that time Win 95 was already 5 years old with 98 being 3 years newer and vastly more capable...my memory doesn't recall any CPS being natively supported by Win 95.

Firebuff66

Feed Provider
I run Astro Saber software 05.03.00 on win 10 & win 7 with no issues

FoxMcCloud

That CPS should be fine on anything X86, I've never tried that CPS on NT 4. So unless you're adamant on that era of software from MS, just use 98 and later OS'. The only trouble I've had with it is when you try to run it on X64, it immediately fails to read the radio. I've never tried it on X86 10, but it should work.

Most commercial companies ignored the existence of windows 95 since DOS was still in the market share.

a417

U+0000
in windows 95? Cps R05.02.00 and R05.03.00 tells me I need windows 98 or higher.
If you are staring at a Win 95 desktop because you have win 95 period hardware in front of you (which I'm pretty sure is why you are asking this question ), you will want to see if you can get your hands on installation media for windows 98SE, instead of win 98. The second edition was more stable, had better networking, and better USB support - all things which will make your forays into programming easier. Win 98SE will most assuredly run on any hardware that can run win 95, so you shouldn't have to worry about not having enough computer to walk (run) windows.

With 98SE you will be able to get basic networking and utility out of it, which will allow you to move data on and off it better, backups, fileshares etc...and you will be able to not have as much of a singular point of failure in your programming hardware and won't lose everything when something goes t**ts up on you.

Many of us keep period hardware for the really old moto pieces that we support, and Win 98SE is a nice collection of real DOS support, GUI availability, and networking to keep archives on fileshares, or move things on USB keys.

This is the price you pay for having period hardware that is computer programmed. (y)

rnemtb2

Good morning thanks to all ! I got it running with xp. Now I have to transfer what I have saved from one radio to another. I keep getting wrong serial number message and it won’t let me change serial numbers in the program. Again than you all

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
You can't change serial numbers. At least with regular Astro CPS. If you want to transfer from one radio to another you can use Top level drag and drop. You have to have two copies of CPS open at the same time

Status
Not open for further replies.