• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Astro saber firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

rnemtb2

Good afternoon ,
is there an easy way yo find out what firmware version my radio has installed? I just purchased another one ,went to program it using cps and I get a message firmware needs to be updated.

thanks in advance
George

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
turn radio on and hit lower back side button five times will place radio in service mode where version will scroll across screen.

These radios require a smart rib and a OEM flash cable (Different than regular programming cable) to update the firmware.

Also most older pre 4.xx firmware radios are probably 512k vocons so they can only come up to 5.6 firmware. 1meg was 7.71xx

rnemtb2

Good morning ,
Thanks n3obl. it shows 04.01.05.00 . trying to find someone locally to update it, if possible. I went to program it . I get the message it won't take the 2.5khz transmit deviation firmware needs to be updated.

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
Thats old VSELP firmware. Probably wont do P25 digital. I do have the stuff to do it but would have to be shipped.

rnemtb2

Good morning,
I have yet to receive your pm. I have been busy with work so I have not had the chance to go further into this. I had firmware updated and did a drop and drag from one code plug to another. Everything transferred ,the only problem I have now is that one of my conventional personalities won’t receive on that channel and mdc and modat tones are only heard on receiving radio. I pulled up both code plugs and they look the same. All boxes are checked for tones to work including preamble and so I can hear tone before I speak. Power up tone is selected and is not heard when powering up. Thanks for your help it is appreciated.

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
Trying to find 7.71.08 file. Seems elusive.

ElroyJetson

I AM NOT YOUR TECH SUPPPORT.
Premium Subscriber
DO NOT ASK ME FOR HELP PROGRAMMING YOUR RADIO. NO.
It's been a while but I THINK that modat isn't supported in IMBE firmware, or at least in version 7+ firmware. In any event, modat is pretty much the ultimate description of useless these days. And it's very annoying. Do NOT be THAT GUY who transmits MODAT sequences. You will have NO friends if you do.

AESFTW

Premium Subscriber
It's been a while but I THINK that modat isn't supported in IMBE firmware, or at least in version 7+ firmware. In any event, modat is pretty much the ultimate description of useless these days. And it's very annoying. Do NOT be THAT GUY who transmits MODAT sequences. You will have NO friends if you do.
Correct

Status
Not open for further replies.