• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Astro saber

Status
Not open for further replies.

rnemtb2

Good morning
I have an Astro saber portable, after keying up to talk and release ptt I get the low battery signal without low battery icon . I am using brand new batteries. Anyone have ideas on what the problem is and how to correct it ?
Thanks in advance

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
Are they OEM, or after-market batteries? I had a Honeywell battery back in the day that would always beep low-battery. It didn't provide the proper voltage, though the capacity was just fine.

PACNWDude

+1 on the above answer. I had this issue with a non OEM battery bought off of an online auction site. I needed a physically smaller battery for use in an XTVA adapter.

There must be a batch of batteries out there like this.
These are great radios though, so it is worth it to have battery cells replaced or rebuilt when they fail.

N4KVE

thanks , they are aftermarket 2700 mha batteries. I will see if I can find oem batteries
I had a similar problem years ago with W&W batteries. I have used many aftermarket batteries, & they all worked well, but the W&W were absolute junk. What brand are they?

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
+1 on the above answer. I had this issue with a non OEM battery bought off of an online auction site. I needed a physically smaller battery for use in an XTVA adapter.

There must be a batch of batteries out there like this.
These are great radios though, so it is worth it to have battery cells replaced or rebuilt when they fail.

Except for one radio (which is in an AVA) all of my Astro Sabers run the Li-on batteries from Power Products.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Except for one radio (which is in an AVA) all of my Astro Sabers run the Li-on batteries from Power Products.

I had a Power Products short Lion, and I had nothing but problems with those batteries. The Honeywell's seem to work pretty good.

marcotor

I ♥ÆS Ø
Feed Provider
I have always had good success buying Li-ion from Cutrate batteries, and in particular use These.
(use the dropdown to select the 1950mA Li-Ion)

$76 shipped and makes my AS as manageable/pocketable as any of my XTS radios.

RFI-EMI-GUY

I have always had good success buying Li-ion from Cutrate batteries, and in particular use These.
(use the dropdown to select the 1950mA Li-Ion)

$76 shipped and makes my AS as manageable/pocketable as any of my XTS radios.
What chargers work with those batteries?

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

RFI-EMI-GUY

Has anyone used those cheap 5000 mAh Li-ions from ebay? Any good? Dimensions?

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.