• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Astro Spectra Command Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

toolman60

I am hoping CmdrWill see this or someone else who has been on the inside of the AS on regular basis.

I am wanting to to this to my AS but can not find any detailed information on what is needed or part numbers.I am trying to locate a manual that has all the board schematics as the manual I have does not have schematics.

cmdrwill hoping you will look at one next time you have one on your bench.

Encryption Voltages
The command board produces two voltages that are used by the encryption module: 10-V (9-V on G
and earlier boards) constant and 5-V key storage. The constant 10 V is generated using components
U604, R608, R609, and C605 (R420, VR403, C457, and Q508 on G and earlier boards) and is fed to
pin 38 of P501. On the VOCON board, the 10 V provides continuous unswitched voltage when the
vehicular battery is connected to the radio and is also switched via VOCON transistors Q206 and
Q207 to provide SWB+ to the encryption module. A 5-V storage circuit comprised of components
R532, R533, and C571 (0.47 farad capacitor) provides +5 Vdc to the encryption module via P501 pin
36 to hold encryption keys for a period of three days with no A+ voltage present. Provision is made
for a battery holder to replace capacitor C571. The addition of the battery will increase encryption
key hold time to approximately one year.

Thanks
Tim

toolman60

Sorry about that. I just now seen it my last part did not post.

I want to add the optional battery on the command board.

toolman60

cmdrwill,

This is as far as I can get on any research for the battery for key retention. Hopefully when you inside 1 again you can check this out for me.

Attachments

• battery.jpg
    battery.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 75
  • batt 2.jpg
    batt 2.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 73

cmdrwill

That is about all I came up with. Of all the Astro Spectras, none had a battery, just the 4.7 f capacitor. Can not even find part number for BT001, but suspect just a 3.6 volt lithium primary 'coin' cell.

All Astro Spectras that have encryption modules all have the capacitor which stays charged from the 'big red lead' which is always connected to the vehicle battery.

Some of the Spectra encryption modules have the battery on the board.

toolman60

cmdrwill,

Thanks for looking. Yes I think the cap is good for like 3-4 days with out power. They only showed it as option but with no follow up part numbers that I could find. Thats why I reached out to you as you been in several and I am sure their is other folks been in several just thought I check to see if anyone could find more info for me.

Thanks
Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.